Future Employment based GC (485) : Question

mitwaa

Registered Users (C)
I have filed my GC ( 485) at CSC based on future employment with a company A.

I am right now working on H1 with another company and plan to start with another Company B. I still have not got my EAD.

When is the right time to join the Company A?

Can AC 21 be applied and assuming i dont hear anything in the first six months, can i join another company C with similar job, title and salary?

If i get an interview, should i be working with the future employer Company A at that time?

Any useful info would be appreciated.?

Any body with a similar experience during their GC, please post ur views.

Thanks,
Mitwaa

Answers

1. There is nothing like right time to join A. you will be expected to join A after GC approval though

2. You can use AC21 to join C. (Final regulations are pending though)

3.it is not necessary for you to be working for A at the time of interview. You can still maintain that you will either join company A or provide documentation that you are claiming AC21 and the job in C is simialr to the one described in LC/140

The above is my opinion.

Future Employment

I started my GC through company A while working for it. I left the company just before LC got approved and joined company B. Can I continue I-140 and 485 through company A now? Company A is willing to do the paper work for I140 and 485. Is it compulsory for me to join company A after I get GC?

Can 2 GC processes be done in parallel, i.e., I start GC process through company B as well as continue with I-140 and 485 with company A?

Please advise. Thanks!!

For ashishgandhi1

I started my GC through company A while working for it. I left the company just before LC got approved and joined company B. Can I continue I-140 and 485 through company A now?
** YES, if the company is willing file for I-140 and I-485 immidiatly

Company A is willing to do the paper work for I140 and 485. Is it compulsory for me to join company A after I get GC?

*** If after filing for your I-485 the INS does not approve your I-485 in 180 days you have the option to change the employer through AC21, It is not compulsory to be with company A, the key is your I-485 should be pending more than 180 days, then it is up to you to remain with A or go with B. But I read today in some lawyer site that Concurrent filing will not be subject to AC21, Some law sites reported earlier that I-40 will be approved first and then I-1485 will be approved. If you are not in hurry request your Company to file I-140 only at this time and once it is approved file I-485 to take the benefit of AC21.
I hope JAXEN will be better to answer the question of Concurrent I-140and I-485 filling and taking the banefit of AC21, becase things are not clear.

Can 2 GC processes be done in parallel, i.e., I start GC process through company B as well as continue with I-140 and 485 with company A?

YES. GC is for the Future job.

Last edited by a moderator:
same case

Same case :
Employer A filed for LC , I-140 , left employer A to join employer
B , however , A agrees to continue GC , files for I-485.
180 days over.

All those in similar situation could write to this thread , more the
merrier!!

However , it would be really good if someone with the same
situation has got his approval.

Look at :
1) http://www.murthy.com/chat0819.html
search for "I worked for company X"
2) Look at the FAQs on murthy.com , Murthy
says that is is OK for not having joined the sponsering
employer at the time of interview/RFE of I-485 or after
getting the GC.