Funny email from USCIS

dewey_daniel

Registered Users (C)
I wonder if anybody has had this experience before.

EB1, concurrent filing in April 2005.
140 approved in JUne 05
FP on 07/08/2005
FP received on 07/12/2005 (email received on 07/13).

On JUly 27, I received an email stating that:

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:
On July 17, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283..."

I never requested info on my case. How is this possible? Has anybody had the same experience?

Thanks.

Did you change your address?

dewey_daniel said:
I wonder if anybody has had this experience before.

EB1, concurrent filing in April 2005.
140 approved in JUne 05
FP on 07/08/2005
FP received on 07/12/2005 (email received on 07/13).

On JUly 27, I received an email stating that:

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:
On July 17, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283..."

I never requested info on my case. How is this possible? Has anybody had the same experience?

Thanks.

Hi Dewey,

I had changed the address on the 485 application and also had enquired about the status of the case in mid april and a few days later the LUD mentioned the same thing what you have received from USCIS, But nothing changed on my wifes 485 status although we made the same changes on her application. When i called USCIS they had no idea what it could have been. Try calling them, hopefully the one who you talk to might know what it was for. If you do get an answer, Pls post it in the same thread..

I am in EB2.

Good Luck!

myflightcn said:
Did you change your address?

Yes, I changed my address and called customer service to have it changed in addition to filing the requested form. But this happened late June.

This is common online status ppl shared,

Many shared after they

1. They moved and done 'Change of Address' by filing Ar-11/calling 800#
2. Inquery sent on behalf of applicant through Aila/cong/senator
3. You requested inquery on 800 about ur case.

its very common, I moved I received simple letter stating inquery type "address change" and its good thing that they confirmed me that address has been updated.

Good Luck

We changed our address and called the service center before FP. But the FP notice still sent to our old address. And when we did our FP, we found they still had our old address in their system. So we updated our address when doing FP.

And after a few days, the online message changed to exactly as same as yours.

dewey_daniel said:
Yes, I changed my address and called customer service to have it changed in addition to filing the requested form. But this happened late June.

myflightcn,

Take it easy...!!!

This is the result of your change of address notification...!!