Fund raising for amendment to CSPA and compassionate visa

Hi

You may know that I have a pending cspa court case and am horrified at still hearing about all the different types of cases where children still aging out and being separated from loved ones, due to no common sense or compassion with the VO advisory opinions office and Me Geoff Gorsky

Where visa numbers are not available, dependent children of K visa holders etc., and E 2 dependents loosing status at 21years.

I have been fighting a personal battle for my own son to be reunited since my husbands passing and trying to help others in same situation but without money, it seems nothing may change

Is there any chance we could have a fund raising donate button on this site and maybe help in getting a lobbyist or help us in some way

There are several issues you would have to consider

Raising money is not the only one. My suggestion is ask the community's opinion. If people are interested in gathering around this issue, we can install some additional software that helps people organize, raise money, divide tasks, etc. and move on the issue as a community.

You may want to speak with the people at ImmigrationVoice and UniteFamilies. Both of these groups have been at it for a while. I do not have any control over these groups, but I know they have been trying.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying but have been very depressed. I have tried to encourage IV to help but they have their own agenda so not able to assist which is a great shame as many families are torn apart because this act is badly written

We also are wanting to write a book, immigration from an immigrants point of view and need good attorney to partake in, would this be something of interest and would help our grassroots efforts raise funds to employ lobbyist

Of course

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying but have been very depressed. I have tried to encourage IV to help but they have their own agenda so not able to assist which is a great shame as many families are torn apart because this act is badly written

We also are wanting to write a book, immigration from an immigrants point of view and need good attorney to partake in, would this be something of interest and would help our grassroots efforts raise funds to employ lobbyist

I will help whichever way I can, Susan.

Thank you so very much,

To a person who is so depressed, separated from son for 8 years, those five small words mean the world to me and my efforts in trying to help others

I will call monica soon

If I faxed you my cspa law suite and otherside's reply, would you be able to take a quick look and see if you agree I should win case? The case may be of interest to some of your clients and help others if I win

Had an e-mail from ILW.com apparently they are trying to do something with regards to amendment on cspa and the publisher said he was going to contact me, fingers crossed. and will update you if and when I get any news. Do you know of them?

I have no ecxperience in writing a book but do know many immigrants who would be willing to share their journeys to the USA, ups and downs , telling like it is

susan

Hi, We are from India. My wife came as a H1B to work in a school. myself and my son were dependents. he was 14 yrs and 10 months when he entered into US. now he is 21 yr and 6 months. we changed his visa into F1. I am still under H4. we filed labor on 4/14/2003 at Columbus OH. that was unnecessarily transferred to DBEC at Dallas on Dec 2003 and was sleeping till Oct 2005. we got the labor approved on Oct,15 the 2005. by that time the visa number was not available for concurrent filing (I-140 & I-485). so we filed I-140 alone and it was approved on Feb, 16 th 2006. again we were waiting to open visa numbers. he turned 21 by Feb 23 rd 2007. the visa numbers opened for all by June 2007. I was able to apply I-485 and I-765 only for me and my wife. I could not apply for my son because he is now under F1.
USCIS did so many injustice to me and my son.
1. I was not allowed to work under H4 .But the people who are coming under H4 from Australia are allowed to work. is this justifiable?
2.My son applied for FAFSA scholarship and was denied since he was under H4.
3. The full amount for his schooling and college were spent by my wife.
4. Because I was not allowed to work and I don't have income.
5. we spent lot of money on H1B Extension and visa stamping at American Consulate.
6. Above all, some of the people who applied after me and my wife got approved in all levels because of the inefficiency of these immigration officers.
7. they don't have systematic procedures to process Green Card.
8. Even now, all of em who applied after me got EAD , I am still waiting.
Please Tell me what to do?
jc-gc
unlucky and unfortunate fellow.

Hi, We are from India. My wife came as a H1B to work in a school. myself and my son were dependents. he was 14 yrs and 10 months when he entered into US. now he is 21 yr and 6 months. we changed his visa into F1. I am still under H4. we filed labor on 4/14/2003 at Columbus OH. that was unnecessarily transferred to DBEC at Dallas on Dec 2003 and was sleeping till Oct 2005. we got the labor approved on Oct,15 the 2005. by that time the visa number was not available for concurrent filing (I-140 & I-485). so we filed I-140 alone and it was approved on Feb, 16 th 2006. again we were waiting to open visa numbers. he turned 21 by Feb 23 rd 2007. the visa numbers opened for all by June 2007. I was able to apply I-485 and I-765 only for me and my wife. I could not apply for my son because he is now under F1.
USCIS did so many injustice to me and my son.
1. I was not allowed to work under H4 .But the people who are coming under H4 from Australia are allowed to work. is this justifiable?
2.My son applied for FAFSA scholarship and was denied since he was under H4.
3. The full amount for his schooling and college were spent by my wife.
4. Because I was not allowed to work and I don't have income.
5. we spent lot of money on H1B Extension and visa stamping at American Consulate.
6. Above all, some of the people who applied after me and my wife got approved in all levels because of the inefficiency of these immigration officers.
7. they don't have systematic procedures to process Green Card.
8. Even now, all of em who applied after me got EAD , I am still waiting.
Please Tell me what to do?
jc-gc
unlucky and unfortunate fellow.

Thank you for sharing your story, it is insane that you came to the us at such a young age just still have all these problems.

It seems that almost every day I am hearing stories of children who suffer due to the current immigration syste, and why we must unite to amend the cspa

Pleas do book appointment with congressman and senators office to rasie awareness of your plight and to support our efforts for change. The senator can do a case status enquiry on your case.

Also call as many news papers as you can and share your story, they may not all be intersted by at least you can try. you also may wish to view the aging out section of expatsvoice as we have simular cases there too