Full-Time and Part-Time on EAD with Pending I-485 Approval

hz4206

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the double post. I wasn't sure which section to place the question so I placed it in mor than one.

I am currently on my second H-1 Visa working for the GC Company full-time. My I-140 has been approved and my I-485 has been pending for over 6 months. I will be travelling abroad and I plan to re-enter the united states on my EAD. (I already have the advance parole document). I have read that once you begin work on EAD, your H-1 is no longer valid. Now for the questions:

1. Is it true that your H-1 Visa is no longer valid?
2. Once I started working on my EAD, can I work part-time at another company?
3. What documents would I need to complete?
4. What documents would the 2nd Company complete?
5. Is there even a 0.00001% chance this will effect my green card application or citizenship application down the line?
6. Once I do get my green card can I still continue to work part-time with the second company and if so, will I be working on the EAD or the Green Card?
7. If I continue to work part-time with the 2nd company after I-485 is approved, will this affect my citizenship application even though I continue work full time with the GC Company. (Intent Issue)

Thank you for all of your help.

hz4206 said:
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the double post. I wasn't sure which section to place the question so I placed it in mor than one.

I am currently on my second H-1 Visa working for the GC Company full-time. My I-140 has been approved and my I-485 has been pending for over 6 months. I will be travelling abroad and I plan to re-enter the united states on my EAD.
----- how you can enter US on EAD?? EAD is for work
(I already have the advance parole document).
---- it means you will use AP
I have read that once you begin work on EAD, your H-1 is no longer valid.
--that is correct
Now for the questions:

1. Is it true that your H-1 Visa is no longer valid?
--- yes if EAD is used for work
2. Once I started working on my EAD, can I work part-time at another company?
-yes
3. What documents would I need to complete?
----form I-9 and show EAD
4. What documents would the 2nd Company complete?
--I-9
5. Is there even a 0.00001% chance this will effect my green card application or citizenship application down the line?
----- We dont know full details of your case, use of EAD is not going to create a problem but if you have other issues we dont know
6. Once I do get my green card can I still continue to work part-time with the second company and if so, will I be working on the EAD or the Green Card?
------with GC you can work with any number of employers but you need to be full time with employer whose job offer letter is base of I-485 approval for 6-8 months
7. If I continue to work part-time with the 2nd company after I-485 is approved, will this affect my citizenship application even though I continue work full time with the GC Company. (Intent Issue)
----- no problem if you work full time with GC sponsor for minimum 6 months after I-485 approval and part time work with any company is not going to be problem
Thank you for all of your help.