fulbrighter

phfa77

Registered Users (C)
Hi all
I'm a pharmacist that entered the States through Fulbright program by a J1 visa with 2 years HRR.
I've been reading every where that it's so hard for a Fulbright fellow to get a waiver.
I first thought to work in an underserved area but I think that applyes for physicians only.
now I'm thinking of applying through IGA, is it possible to find such agency I don't know exactly what to do next, can anyone help me please?
what about asking for waiver on the basis of persecution, by the way I'm from Iraq

There is a thread here about Fulbright Fellows getting waivers. I am from Sweden and I got a waiver based on No Objection. Others have tried hardship with varying success. Every case is different, so it is hard to predict the outcome of any one case. Have you considered No Objection, or do you think it will be hard to get since you are from Iraq? I have no experience with IGA. I guess the Department of Health and Human Services would be your best shot, but I think it would be difficult to get them involved in your case. If you are considering a persecution case, then you probably should contact a lawyer with experience in that area. You can probably get a free consultation where they give you an idea of how strong your case is.