Fujie Ohata Memo

akv01

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

Guys- what do you make out of this memo:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newpro.html

Some people are saying that NSC is processing I-140s submitted in 2004 much faster than before. This memo and its interpretation from the NSC is confusing.

I tried to find the original memo on the net but couldn't. Murthy's website seems to be the only one that has made any mention of this memo.

Both my I-140 and 485 have RDs of 3/30/04. Thanks and I'd apreciate all comments.

do u think this apply to all those who have applied for GC prior to April 30th as well or is this just going to be for new applicants applying concurrently after April 30th?

Would app your insights....

Memo

I saw the memo and views expresses by various members on the Excel thread. Some people are positive while some are negative. I think for everybody in every stage of the GC there are 2 questions: 1. When will it be done, and 2. Will there be any RFEs between filing and approval.

As for time, the memo categorically states that "the local I-140 processing time will control". So I would think that the whole process would be done in the next 6-8 months, keeping in mind the current 140 processing time. This is not unlike what was happeining a few years ago at the NSC.

The complete meaning of the RFE guidance still eludes me. Maybe others can shed some light on it.

Also, this is only guidance- it is not any law published in the Federal Register. Its implementation and interpretation might vary and as with any guidance, only time will tell what happens.