frustration

lubomm

Registered Users (C)
i am in the same boat like you guys but let me throw this: why da hell nobody applies for canadian resident, it takes 12 months total and you are done!
i see so much frustration, the price for this green card is too high!
:confused:

It is taking more than 12 months nowadays for Canadian PR. Up untill 2001, it used to take only 12 months to get the landing papers.

Lubomm,

You are quite right. Some of us, I am sure, are following a dual strategy - file for Canadian PR as well as American GC. Does not hurt to track both. Incidentally, my lawyer said that Candian PR can take upto 2 years.

I sometime get feelings that, 5-6 months down the line, we will still be here talking about I-140 processing delays extending to 20 months just like current I-485.

May be we can discuss here ways we employ to control our emotions and frustration.

I try to remember a quote from some member here and I think its from our Indian movies:

"Woqt se pehle or naseeb ke bina na kisiko kuch mila hai na kisiko kuch milega..." - or something similar.

I also try to think in the form of law of Karmas. But it is so generic - you can always say that if it is not your Karma in this life - Karma from your previous lives are affecting you. But even that seems to give some rest and peace to mind.

Thoughts welcome...:eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

Canadian PR

Canadian PR has it's own advantages whole life you won't have to worry about medical care (in case you need), also all the education for the kids is free. From my personal experience I feel that everyone should apply (actually everyone should have already applied). Rules are getting stricter and stricter there also. In case someone wants to apply I would say apply for yourself only and don't include your family at all because that drags you into personal interview and the process will be delayed by 6-12 months. If you apply alone and qualifies then chances are that you will get PR card in less than one year (if you apply from US) and the whole cost will be around $1,500 (If you don't involve an attorney, in this case you don't need one).

Savant from where did you get information that there are no jobs in Canada, some of my friends have gone there, they had to find a good job for 2-3 months but everyone got one. Since lot of Canadians work in US on TN visa there are some opportunities available there. Also you get Canadian citizenship in 3 years. I am expecting my landing documents any time now. May be by the time my I-140 is approved I get Canadian Citizenship :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the right phrase is:

waqt se pahle aur kismat se jeyada, na kissi ko kus mila hai aur na he milega.

So keep this in mind and see when ur kismat and time turns one way or the other.

But think postive....Most of us being in USA is not due to bad kismat anyway.....

Good luck

I think I should apply fo Canada as I have only 1.25 years on H1 left.
As you suggested that one can apply for oneself (excluding family), how will take your family to Canada when you get your immigration. Will they have provision for other visas etc on which you may take your spouse who did not apply immigration. This idea looks me good as I do not want to spend minimum on this.

Do you think that it still worth to apply as I heard that it is taking a lot more time now. You told that one has to spend $1500/- for applying just for oneself. How? I think the fee is $750 per person (offcourse if you do yourself)

sn99 reply

$300 - registration fee + $635 landing fee + $350(Medical Exam fee) + Postage (I did next day for everything I have done so far). etc. ( I am not sure if any of these fees has changed). All these fees are per adult.

Don't ever apply for your family if you want fast results, I KNOW THAT FOR SURE. If you are in U.S. then when you get your landing document or when you get your medical and everything send your passports to get a visitor visa and when you are ready to go there your family can enter on visitor visa and then apply for them from Canada (It used to take around 3 months or so). To get a visitor visa for Canada if you are in U.S. is very easy.

finesir:
Thank you. I have few more questions
Do we need to pay all the fee ($300 - registration fee + $635 landing fee + $350 Medical Exam fee) during application or we pay during different stages. That way I shall apply it and pursue that if GC process have any issues.
Can you tell me the website where I can download the form etc and fill that myself.

I do not think there is any difference in the processing time whether you apply alone or with your family. It is taking about 2 years to complete the whole process. If you are married, you can get some addtional point (max. 5 points)for your wifes qualification.

The rules have changed alot, you need to get atleast 75 points to qualify. Visit www.cic.gc.ca to get all the information.

If you can acquire 75 points, most of the time you will not be called for an interview. Check the discussion forum of canada and check buffalo tracker.

Good luck

Re: sn99 reply

Originally posted by finesir
$300 - registration fee + $635 landing fee + $350(Medical Exam fee) + Postage (I did next day for everything I have done so far). etc. ( I am not sure if any of these fees has changed). All these fees are per adult.

Don't ever apply for your family if you want fast results, I KNOW THAT FOR SURE. If you are in U.S. then when you get your landing document or when you get your medical and everything send your passports to get a visitor visa and when you are ready to go there your family can enter on visitor visa and then apply for them from Canada (It used to take around 3 months or so). To get a visitor visa for Canada if you are in U.S. is very easy.
====================================
Processing times are the same if you apply asn an individual or as a family. Keep in mind, if you do not include your family members in the application for PR, then you will have to sponsor them after you land in Canada. The rules are different. You should have paid your taxes and will have to have a job and should enclose the Canadian Tax assessment. It will take approximately 1 year for your family to get landing papers assuming the consulate approves your application.

Visit the link below....

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=50

Re: Canadian PR

RE:
you won't have to worry about medical care (in case you need), also all the education for the kids is free.

Come on!!! Where are there mythologies is coming from???
I keep hearing that all the time-

First hand info:

Medical care is just basic, that doesn't cover dental, you have to buy medication with your own money, a lot of doctors and basic services are not covered.

Education is free in the schools. The rest you have to pay. yes, it is i little bit expensive than in US, but the salaries are smaller as well.

So, keep dreaming about the paradise...

I understand that all of us are here(on the forum) since we want our GCs ASAP - and thus realize American Dreams.

I also assume that most of us here are some how related to Software and may be India too.

But with so many jobs moving to India - there must be ample opportunities and good salaries in India too - with higher security. Also the quality of work should be improving too.

Yes, I am aware of many hard ships there too.

With family (including kids), what are the risks involved in taking the comfort thinking that "Even if I loose my job before GC is processed, I can go back and earn decent salary to maintain high living standards."

Any ideas on what kind of salaries people with 6-7 years of experience (3+ years in the US) fetch now-a-days? Figures vary greatly by state/region so please specify that.

I have friends who got offers in the range of 12-15 lacs p.a. from companies like Intel - Bangalore. Lesser known companies might be paying 50% of it.

If someone wants to try from here - is it possible? How does it work?

Just one more discussion thread to know people's thoughts and yeah - most importantly have something on this forum. Because the way things are I don't expect to see any more approvals for the next two months.

Even Susu has stopped posting new approvals Excel sheet - which I think must be blank now a days

:D

Canada PR

I never said the processing times are better for individuals than the family people, I said that if you apply as individual there are huge chances that you don't have to go through the interview process, and that itself is a difference of 6-8 months.

Lot of people here I think are talking about what they heard I am telling what I have experienced and what I saw with other friends. Two of my friend called their families afterwards their families reached in less than 3 months.

And whether you apply as individual or family you still get 5 points if your wife has Masters, it's not that if you have them follow to join you won't get those points.

To sn99, there is no point in applying if you don't meet the criteria (i.e. if you have 69-70 points) because that is going to result in denial.

To Journey, if they are going to give everything free to you then what are you going to do with your salary? Send to India :p , And by now whole world would have migrated to Canada. :p :p :p

Last edited by a moderator: