Frustrated with the same I-485 pending status

paninaro

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

NSC received my case back in July 18, 2001.. ND was Aug 22, 2001. They received my RFE reply on Nov 20 2002. Ironically they asked for the information they already had from my application packet they received on July 18 2001.

Is there anyone out there that have July RD that are still pending approval? I have seen a few cases that have been approved. The last time I talked to an IIO, I was told that my case was with an officer. I thought it must have been with an officer the whole time, possibly even way before Nov 20 2002.

Other than waiting patiently and checking the case status from the INS website everyday, is there anything that I can do to get my case moving forward? Does sending a letter to local senator help at all with speeding up the approval?

My grandmother passed away last week. I am supposed to go back home for the funeral service, but with the war fear and my pending status, I have been advised to stay put instead of returning home on advance parole. I checked with local INS office and was told that it should be no problem to return with advance parole, but I have heard awful stories about my friends even with permanent resident status being denied entry because of INS doucment errors, security check and other stupid excuses.

Has anyone here sent a letter to senator and got their I-485 approved shortly after?

Yeah my friend eventually got back in to US, but it took 6 weeks to have the whole thing straighten out. INS did a finger print check on my friend because he had the same name as someone that was in INS or FBI's wanted list, according to my friend.