frustrated need advice

moutaindew

hi,I'm asylee my case is:
- filed AOS 08/1998 at local BCIS office.
-02/2002 case transferred to NSC.
-04/2002 did fingerprint( they gave me lin number starting with 02
not with 98).
-09/2002 RFE for a waiver.
-12/2002 case transferred to local BCIS office for processing(On
December 31,2002 we transferred your I485..............................)
-02/2003 did interview at local BCIS office.
-06/2003 after inquiry at local BCIS office they told me your waiver
is approved and your case is transferred back to NSC for
approval.
Last month I called 1800 number to inquire they they told me
you will receive response in 30 days,and also I send them letter
by priorite mail to the director terry way with proof I filed AOS
08/1998.
As 12/02/2003 my online status had changed from last one
"On December 2,2003 your I485 Application to Register
permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for
processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to
process this kind of case.We will mail you a decision as soon as
processing is complete.

My question is ,are they going to process my case from as I filed
08/1998 as soon as possible,or they are going to process my
case as new one who mean I have to wait another 6 years.
Please I need your advice and help what I should do
Thank you.

Originally posted by moutaindew
hi,I'm asylee my case is:
- filed AOS 08/1998 at local BCIS office.
-02/2002 case transferred to NSC.
-04/2002 did fingerprint( they gave me lin number starting with 02
not with 98).
-09/2002 RFE for a waiver.
-12/2002 case transferred to local BCIS office for processing(On
December 31,2002 we transferred your I485..............................)
-02/2003 did interview at local BCIS office.
-06/2003 after inquiry at local BCIS office they told me your waiver
is approved and your case is transferred back to NSC for
approval.
Last month I called 1800 number to inquire they they told me
you will receive response in 30 days,and also I send them letter
by priorite mail to the director terry way with proof I filed AOS
08/1998.
As 12/02/2003 my online status had changed from last one
"On December 2,2003 your I485 Application to Register
permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for
processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to
process this kind of case.We will mail you a decision as soon as
processing is complete.

My question is ,are they going to process my case from as I filed
08/1998 as soon as possible,or they are going to process my
case as new one who mean I have to wait another 6 years.
Please I need your advice and help what I should do
Thank you.
My friend, you seem to be among the unlucky ones whose files sat 4 years without being processed. Did you file the I-485 by yourself or did your lawyers do that? I hate to tell you this but if they gave you a LIN number that starts with 02, you are going to wait for 4-5 more years. I would strongly recommend that you consult a lawyer to protect your rights. Good luck

Dont get discouraged, Mountaindew

The notice have that date because that is the date when they issued the notice. They cant send a notice today, backdated years ago. Your application should be processed in accordance to your filing date (not the date in that notice).
Your allien number and filing date are in the system and the officer handling your case know your case is already current for approval.
Just hang in there, I believe you are close.
Jackisback, went thru a similar process, below some of his postings. Good luck

Plastic Card arrived!
Dear all,

My plastic card arrived in the mail today and everything on the card is printed correctly. Here's my time table:

Asylum approved: September 1996
I-485 applied: September 1997
Approval received: March 2003
AOS approval Stamped: April 2003
Card Ordered: 11 September 2003
Card received: 22nd September 2003.

I had to go to the local office for interview in 2000. And finger printed at Application Support Center twice in 2001 and 2002.

When I have some free time this week I'll write an essay describing my experience and post it here.

Good luck to all of you waiting for your approvals and plastic cards. Now I can sleep worry free at night not having to worry about this issue.

Jack
Posted by Jackisback on Sep 23

Plastic Card on its way, YAY!
I checked my case status online and it said "we ordered a new card, your card will be mailed to you a.s.a.p.

My approval was stamped on April 22 2003.

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that they did not make any errors on my card.

Good luck to all of you waiting for your approvals and plastic cards.
Posted by Jackisback on Sep 14

I-485 Approved
Dear Friends,

I received the approval notice on March 31, 2003 from NSC. Here's my timetable:

Asylum Approved in September 1996
Applied for I-485 at local INS field office in September 1997
Called for FP and Interview in May 2001
Case Transfered to NSC in June 2002
NSC requested to resend my medical exam in February 2003
Approval in March 2003.

I feel so happy and relieved. It was a long waiting game but it's finally over now. Good luck to all you fellow asylees out there who are still waiting for I-485s. My advise is be patient but keep inquiring your case status like every 6months.

Many thanks to Alanpero, Gilbert, and many other names I cannot remember but still very thankful.
Posted by Jackisback on Apr 16

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing

By August 98, you had to file your application at NSC instead of local INS. I believe you lost valuable time back then. Good luck

Thank alanpero2

Thank you alanpero2 for your help.I have another question for you why as 12/02/2003 they changed my online status (see my last post),and also do you think they are going to send me the
approval in 3 months .
for jw1951 the waiver was for misdemeanor dissmissed.

moutaindew,

I will not worry too much about the wording of that notice of 570-600 days etc... as I was required to submit RFE (Request for Evidence) When I submitted the required information the message said that they had received my information and it is taking 570-600 days to process this kind of application etc etc...
But in about 6 weeks they had made the final decision....and my case was approved.

From what I have read in the forum my guess is that your approval at this stage is a formality and you may see the status change between 3-6 weeks, as it is still early in the Fiscal year and I am positive that they still have numbers available for asylee from that 10000 quota...

Wishing u best of luck...

Regards,

Re: Re: frustrated need advice

Originally posted by shamshon
My friend, you seem to be among the unlucky ones whose files sat 4 years without being processed. Did you file the I-485 by yourself or did your lawyers do that? I hate to tell you this but if they gave you a LIN number that starts with 02, you are going to wait for 4-5 more years. I would strongly recommend that you consult a lawyer to protect your rights. Good luck

Sigh!... lawyers and those immigration photoshop agents who prepare your applications for a fee are not miracle workers. An asylee who carefully read through the filing instructions and follow them can do just as well as those 3rd parties who prepare you application for a fee. My point being: it doesn't make any difference whether your application was prepared by a lawyer or yourself as long as you submit everything according to the filing instructions. It's just a misperception that some applications filed by lawyers or self proclaimed immigration gurus seems to move faster because they usually meet all the requirements in the filing instructions.

Re: Thank alanpero2

I agree with Rasylee. Dont worry about that message. The number of days posted there to process our I-485, are meaningless.
Just keep checking your status online. Someday it will change to after approving your application.., etc.
I know is stressful, but there is nothing else you can do. Just , my opinion.

Originally posted by moutaindew
Thank you alanpero2 for your help.I have another question for you why as 12/02/2003 they changed my online status (see my last post),and also do you think they are going to send me the
approval in 3 months .
for jw1951 the waiver was for misdemeanor dissmissed.

Re: Re: Re: frustrated need advice

I totally agree with your statement. I have seen and heard so many cases of applications incorrectly prepared by lawyers and specialized 3rd parties, that the best advise is: if you can, do it yourself.
One more thing Jack, when your case was transferred to NSC, did you get a LIN number from them?

Originally posted by JackIsBack
Sigh!... lawyers and those immigration photoshop agents who prepare your applications for a fee are not miracle workers. An asylee who carefully read through the filing instructions and follow them can do just as well as those 3rd parties who prepare you application for a fee. My point being: it doesn't make any difference whether your application was prepared by a lawyer or yourself as long as you submit everything according to the filing instructions. It's just a misperception that some applications filed by lawyers or self proclaimed immigration gurus seems to move faster because they usually meet all the requirements in the filing instructions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: frustrated need advice

Originally posted by alanpero2
I totally agree with your statement. I have seen and heard so many cases of applications incorrectly prepared by lawyers and specialized 3rd parties, that the best advise is: if you can, do it yourself.
One more thing Jack, when your case was transferred to NSC, did you get a LIN number from them?

Yes, I only got my LIN number when my case was transfered to NSC. From 97 to 2000 I didn't have any receipt or an acknowledgement from the INS that my I-485 was received.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: frustrated need advice

Thanks Jack. One more question to finally clarify Mountaindew concerns: The LIN number you got from Nebraska Service Center was starting LIN-00- or something different?
Thanks in advance for your response.

Yes, I only got my LIN number when my case was transfered to NSC. From 97 to 2000 I didn't have any receipt or an acknowledgement from the INS that my I-485 was received.

Thank you alanpero2,RAsylee,jackisback for sharing your experience I will just keep checking online status,If there's any changement I will post the new change.
:) thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: frustrated need advice

Originally posted by alanpero2
Thanks Jack. One more question to finally clarify Mountaindew concerns: The LIN number you got from Nebraska Service Center was starting LIN-00- or something different?
Thanks in advance for your response.

LIN 02

Mountaindew, check this out

Jack's experience is confirming your application will be processed according to your original filing date. Good luck

LIN 02