FRONT PAGE NEWS - PCC from Indian consulate in US is good enough for CP.

iamforcp:

Are..yaar..I have been so tensed since last few days regarding my PCC that note lene ki jaroorat hee nahin padee...aisee achchee newss kabhi kabhi hee sunne ko miltee hai.... :eek:)!!!

Ek baar GC hoo jaye..bas..aaram hee aaram....

My P3 was entered on November 26th. It reached at consulate on November 10th but that hadn\'t put it into the system until I called them on November 26th..(bacause of Anthrax scare!!!). After I talked to them they entered into the system over the phone...

When do you have interview ??

Vishal Bhaiya Bahut Bahut Mubarak Ho!!!!!!

Thta is fantastic. We have the interview on the same date.

Also this hammers the last nail in the PCC from India coffin. 3+ positive confirmations in 2 days that PCC from US is sufficient.

CP Rocks. Guys this is the way to Go !!!!!!

Re: I talked to US consulate-New Delhi just now & here is what my conversation was :

Bullu ko bhi ye news achhhhiiiiiii lagggggiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

This is fantastic.... Thanks for all your efforts Vishal and Sudhir!!!

Question Regarding PCC

Hi guys,
Can you tell me what is the procedure to apply for PCC at SF or CGNY. I am from Michigan and am expecting my interview in Feb. Can I get PCC from CGNY. Do I need to submit original passport? Also, my wife plans to go to India earlier than me. Does she need to be physically present to get PCC or can I collect it for her (without her passport).
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

DUDUE AP KHUSH HUA....mogambo ishtyle!!!!! good job folks sudhir, vishal, bullu and all....finally h

GCAPPL: Download the misc. service form from consulate web site & fill it up....

Take the photocopies of all the pages of your passport & take the original passport with you. You will need a Indian passport size/style photograph for your application. Go to Indian consulate early in morning. They will take the photocopies & will verify your passport. They don\'t keep the original passport & return it right there.

It takes around 30-40 days to get PCC from SFO Indian consulate.

Thanks
Vishal

PS: If you don\'t wanna go to consulate personally but want to post your papers..better you notarize all the things.

Have u applied in SF for PCC ?

Any idea whether they give PCC in less than 30 days ? any ways to track the PCC process...

What if I have lived in a country other than US and India

If one has lived in US and India then one needs to get PCC from Indian consulate in USA. I have lived in Saudi Arabia which doesn\'t issue Police certificate, do you guys still think that the PCC from Indian consulate in USA would be enough ?

PCC

If you read the requirements literally then we should require one PCC from Indian officials and from any other country you might have stayed in (except US) - IF you are in the US. I had posted a long message as to why I think so.

This new news in Immigration-law.com is not new in my opinion. It is where we were a week ago... the lawyers are now catching up. They just post whatever the embassy notice says... they have probably not thought this through. Remember also that most lawyers want you to do 485 anyway so any news is probably an excuse for them not to do CP.

Finally, I talked to Mumbai consulate Monday and asked the guy what is needed. When he started saying local station etc.. I asked him what local meant if we are in the US. The guy then said if you are in the US get the PCC from the consulate. This has been confirmed by many others.

I applied in SFO and they take 4 weeks.

Any ways to track the PCC process, answer is nope...

I found indian consulate people in SFO to be kinda rude and careless esp if you are holding an indian passport :)

EB1SEEKR : I echo your explaination.. I believe that it is just a backlog of this whole PCCs confusi

that we are getting from lawyers now.

What we can do : Inform our attorney\'s firm on the whole episode & call the US consulate after few days & reconfirm that PCC from Indian consulate at US would still be acceptable...

No Title

>EB1SEEKR : I echo your explaination.. I believe that it is just a backlog of this whole PCCs confusion that we are getting from lawyers now.

> What we can do : Inform our attorney\'s firm on the whole episode & call the US consulate after few days & reconfirm that PCC from Indian consulate at US would still be acceptable...

I think this is the best course of action. Tell your lawyer that such a thing is happening and they will pursue it with AILA. www.immigration-law.com has many times changed what they post (just scan the entire page - you will see other instances.) Also someone should just mail the dude at www.immigration-law.com and let him about the developments from our side.

PCC

We should inform our lawyers but legally for CP the lawyer is not involved (even if you signed a form saying they were). It is between you and the consular officer. I think the consulate is also evolving its view and getting the details worked out. I also dont know if the problem is people getting their P4 delivered in India and this leads the consulate to conclude that the current residence is India and thus request PCC from local station and passport office.

Several of us have been told by the Mumbai consulate clearly that we need PCC from Indian consulate in US. I think the web site will be updated soon with the exact procedure and then it will be official.