from where do i get plastic cards?

spouse

Registered Users (C)
I got approved from CSC, But I live in michigan,,,so the approval letter says need to go to DETROIT for PP stamping with photos..i-94..etc. As Nebraska service center taking too much (1 year) of time for Plastic card ...In my case can somebody advise me from where/which center will issue plastic card. If it is CSC, I will get it fast otherwise once agian will be in the loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having the same problem...CSC approved my case and the BCIS person told me that I am going to get plastic card from nebraska. She scared me by saying that it will anywhere between 6 months and 1 year. I hope I don't have to go again to get temporary GC extended. Is there any tracker for
finger prints in nebraska

survivor76 said:
I am having the same problem...CSC approved my case and the BCIS person told me that I am going to get plastic card from nebraska. She scared me by saying that it will anywhere between 6 months and 1 year. I hope I don't have to go again to get temporary GC extended. Is there any tracker for
finger prints in nebraska

i am trying to annoy or scare any one. just the facts from the recent postings.
as far as I have seen from recent postings on plastic card, people who got stamped in San Francisco or San Jose got their cards between 1 - 4 weeks in general (there might be exceptions to this). On the other hand people across the country have been enduring a 3 or 6 month wait so far.

Nothing can be figured out for sure, we just have to wait and see, in the meanwhile the stamping is good enough for you to do anything you want except may be change address (if that is your prime concern, then it might be a problem).

my $0.02
here is hoping that everyone who got approved get their card at the earliest.
cheers
golu

My family and I got our passports stamped at San Francisco in March. My wife and I received our cards 1 month later, my elder son after two months and my younger son last week (after 3 months). The ways of the USCIS are strange indeed.

Ours too got approved from CSC but PP stamping got it done in Newark,NJ and changed the address to NJ in form while PP stamping as I was maintaining a CA address all thru my GC process. However I checked with my lawyer as well at the Newark INS, they said our's card will be issued from CSC to the new NJ address.
As long as wait is concerned only god knows

Don't see what the big problem is all about? Once you have a stamp, for all practical purpose it is as good as the real deal. Your citizenship clock has started, you can travel pretty much to any country you want and enter without a problem. Considering how long we have waiting for approval, this is the last thing you should be worring about.

Having already spent ages worrying for the approval, this is the time to party, no? :D

regarding renewing stamping

hi,

my case was approved nov 2003 and pp on 11/24/2003. I am still waiting on my plastic card. Could someone tell me the process for renewing the stamping. When is the earliest I can go and what documents I need to carry. I checked with INS and they said it will take another 3 months.

succhu30 said:
hi,

my case was approved nov 2003 and pp on 11/24/2003. I am still waiting on my plastic card. Could someone tell me the process for renewing the stamping. When is the earliest I can go and what documents I need to carry. I checked with INS and they said it will take another 3 months.

You need to go back to the district office again and get your passport stamped same way as you did last time. You need to take only your passport.

succhu30 said:
hi,

did you ever call the 800 customer service number and explain your situation?

succhu30 said:
I checked with INS and they said it will take another 3 months.

How exactly did you check with the INS? NSC 800-number or local office walk-in?

Initiated a query by calling NCS 1-800 # and NSC replied back in mail after a month that it will take 3 more months for the card.

succhu30 said:
Initiated a query by calling NCS 1-800 # and NSC replied back in mail after a month that it will take 3 more months for the card.

succhu30,

thanks for the information... did you ever file form G-371 to enquire about your card? I was thinking of doing that in addition to calling.