From fying pan into the fire -- what the f$$k!

golumolu said:
I am just curious about the comment above, does that mean their computers do not record people who travel out of the country. I think they do record it especially after 911. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, they do. They don't throw I-94 into trashbin anymore. They collect I-94s from airlines and record into system. In addition, BCBP collects passenger manifests from airlines.

this_processing_killsMe said:
AILA stamping apointments??

I was planning to go to SJ office, and my understaning is that no appointment is needed -- it's a walk-in. Can somone confirm? thx.

_this
551 stampings are no longer treated as appointment cases ....

You are treated as "non-appt" -- so you wait from very early in the morning -- 6AM or before--

see 140_takes_4ever's post about recent stamping experience ...

check about the appts available only to attorneys - will save u a lot of time

Well, well, well.. what do you know? The lawyer got the notice this morning. I also received the courtesy copy at home today. I am planning to go Tuesday (I am out of town on Monday) for 551 stamping

No more cursin' for now (the keyword is "now") :)

By the way, I took an infopass appointment for 9:15 for Tuesday to "speak to an immigration official" for SJ office. Does that work for 551 stamping at SJ office? If not, I've got no problems to stand in the line at 6am. Can someone confirm for me? Thanks.

_this

I know, but I have to get the photos sometime tomorrow. Plus the lawyer specifically said that I should take official notice (and not the courtesy copy). I know people have gotten their stamps with courtesy copies, but I don't want to make unnecessary visits to the SJ office, given that my India trip is looming so close.

_this