from B to???

nicpon

Registered Users (C)
I got a GC(married to USC) this year in Jan and both of my parents have B visas. How long can they stay in US? Could they stay here for good?

as long as 6 month or less at a time. mainly determined bu what is given to them at the point of entry.

u can sposor their GC only after you get citizenship. not before that

Regarding citizenship, I've heard that I have to wait 3 years. Is that true?If so then can I submit my application for citizenship earlier or I have to wait this three full years and then apply?

2 months to two years

To get more information check the
www.uscis.gov
www.murthy.com
www.path2usa.com
www.immihelp.com

You will first need to get the conditional requirement waived.

You can file for naturalization 3 months before the 3rd anniversary of your GC.

once you get the citizenship you will be able to sponsor your parents
that process my take 6 months to a year and a half.

So be patient. You seem to be in awful rush.

There are several issues to consider before you sponsor them... first your finances and their health and health costs etc. people often forget how costly medical costs are in USA

Thanks for your info and links.
I'm not in rush at all although if all of this could happen faster it would be ok. My parents are fairly young (mom -late 40's, dad just turned 50) which doesn't meant that we don't take into consideration all the issues(health etc.) that you mentioned. They have enough to settle here and provide for themselves and the other thing is that they should be able to work too. Back home(Poland) things(politically, economically) are going bad, there is a lot of corruption, slow development(if you look at big picture) and too much bribing. One can do two things either wait for things to get better(my grandmother's point of view) or move on somewhere else where is better. What would you do?(this is much deeper subject that I made it here)