• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

From Australia to Nashville TN

Even in developed countries it can be economic. Part of my reason for moving to the US was economic. House prices in Auckland, NZ in a good area is $800k USD at least. It's half that (at most) in similar sized US cities. On top of that there is just more work options.
You’re clearly not planning to move to the Bay Area or greater NYC area then!

Though seriously,,, $400k for a house in a good area is well below anywhere we looked at even outside these regions. Even $800k would be “cheap” some places. There’s more to house prices than city size.

Thought I would come back and review this as it is now two months later and almost 4 months since we arrived in the US.

Still searching for a role although am waiting on the result of a couple of second interviews. Had a recruiter in New York reach out and refer me to a company that I had been trying to get into, has resulted in two great interviews so far so fingers crossed for that. There is plenty of work in NYC for my field but our reason of moving here was to live in Nashville so the search continues.

Baby due in 4 weeks time, I was hoping I would have employer provided insurance before now but will be under the MarketPlace policy we have (which monthly premium just went up by 30% this year!).
Took our 3 year old out of the daycare center she was in and now have her in a "Mothers Day Out" program which is a lot more similar to what we had in Australia teaching wise. Really helps to check these places out and research online before moving.

Good luck with the job hunt. Nashville is an awesome place, I can definitely see why you want to live there. Would you consider moving to a place Nearby Nashville? I generally feel like Tennessee is a pretty nice sate.

I guess I am lucky enough to be in a highly in demand field in the USA, and moved to Chicago on a whim which ended up being a pretty cool place to live.