friend

angel376

Registered Users (C)
ok my 22 yr od is applying to become a us citizen in a week or 2 and wants to know if she can also apply for 2 children in Haiti. Those are not her biological children but where abondoned by the birth mother and the father gave them to her as he could not care for them, one is 7 yrs old and the other just turned 10 but the thing is i don't know if that's even possible because she's so young herself and all and i thought i'd just ask. she's not married so that might also be a problem and she said she was trying to adopt them.

I agree with LucyMo.
Your friend has to adapt children before she could bring them in.
There are two ways to bring an adopted child into the United States. The fastest and easiest way is to adopt an orphan who automatically becomes eligible to enter the United States as an immediate relative. Only U.S. citizens are eligible to immigrate a child as an orphan.
The second way is to adopt a child and reside with that child for two years prior to petitioning for the child.
U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents may immigrate a child with whom they have lived for two years.
Unfortunately she has to be at least 25 years of age to adapt and bring a child(ren) to US.

thanks guys i'll let her know and maybe she'll wait or she can ask a relative to help but thanks for the responding.