Friend Uncle GC holder got sick, Can he sponcer visitor to his brother or sister

srireddy2004

Registered Users (C)
My friend uncle got sick, he is a green card holder, he is not working and he is on social security disability, can he sponcer a visitors or any other visa to his sister or brother to take care of him for some time. Please give me a any advise.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that your friend's uncle is really sick. The GC holder can send you a letter, I-134; you will have to prove to the VO that this arrangement is temporary. If things are turning from bad to worst, you can also apply for an emergency visa (Life or death situations), to the AE.

Thank you PS 182 for your reply. I am new to forum, I don't know much terminalogy (VO), if you don't mind can you tell me what documents exactly he needs to send to his brother or sister, If you know any link or any other information can you advise me and also I have question can he sponser visitor visa or any other different visa since he got sick. If he wants to sponser visitor visa or any other visa, does he show any bank balance. Please give me reply

Thank you

Check these links ( http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=79076 ) . There is a wealth of information , which will answer most of your questions . Here is a link to the Chennai Consulate (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/general_information.html ) . Here you will find information on how to Schedule an Appointment , Required Documents, Photos, and Fees , Forms which should get you started on the visa process .

You need a B2 visa ( Non Immigrant Visitor / Tourist )
VO - Visa Issueing officer
AE - American Embassy / Consulate .

Last edited by a moderator:
If your uncle is on SSA and disability, the burden will be on you to prove financial stability for the travel as well as during the entire duration of the trip. You may not be able to show your uncle as the sponsor, but you may show his health condition as the reason for your visa application.

You may send a mail to chennainiv at state.gov informing them of the emergency situation and they will send a reply within 1 business day (usually) letting you know when you can go for the interview.

However, this emergency appointment will only grant you entry into the consulate earlier than normal. All other processes, including what I have stated about are your responsibility.

Hope this helps