Friend had her passport stamped in Federal Plaza, NY

clq

Registered Users (C)
FYI...for New York people. Just thought I'd let the NY people know about my friend's interview experience. It seems that a lot of people (including me) are worried coz Garden City rarely (?) stamps the passport and just gives verbal approval. Or some get stuck with the name check. My friend, fortunately, had a different experience.

My friend just had their AOS interview in Federal Plaza, NY today and they stamped her passport. They told her that they don't really need to stamp the passport because the green card will come in the mail in 3-4 weeks. Now we all know this is not always true...good thing my friend had the presence of mind (and the guts) to ask for the stamp.

Me and my husband will have our AOS interview in Garden City, NY next month. Based on what I've read from this forum, those who went there for the interview did not get their stamp. Now I wish we were being interviewed in Federal Plaza and not Garden City.

clq said:
FYI...for New York people. Just thought I'd let the NY people know about my friend's interview experience. It seems that a lot of people (including me) are worried coz Garden City rarely (?) stamps the passport and just gives verbal approval. Or some get stuck with the name check. My friend, fortunately, had a different experience.

My friend just had their AOS interview in Federal Plaza, NY today and they stamped her passport. They told her that they don't really need to stamp the passport because the green card will come in the mail in 3-4 weeks. Now we all know this is not always true...good thing my friend had the presence of mind (and the guts) to ask for the stamp.

Me and my husband will have our AOS interview in Garden City, NY next month. Based on what I've read from this forum, those who went there for the interview did not get their stamp. Now I wish we were being interviewed in Federal Plaza and not Garden City.

never hurts to ask for stamp, but i really doubt that they will do you at Garden city. most people who did interview at garden city didn't get stamp, either waiting for FBI name checks or they said GC will arrive in 2 weeks.
but anyways, don't lose hope.
i will have mine at Garden city in Apirl, i think i will ask for a stamp at the end, since i have been waiting for more than two years.