Friday stamping @ San Jose

hot mail

Registered Users (C)
Even though the approval letter says that you can get the ADIT stamping Mon-Thu I went there today as some of my friends did their stamping on Fridays and couple of people on this forum posted the same experience. So here is what my experince was today (Friday)

Reached @ 4.40am. about 50 people ahead of me :(
There was a lady ahead of me who is coming for the third time this month and according to her if you reach there before 5.30 you will be able to get in except on THU as it is a shorter working day. Also, she said Fridays are good for Green card related work as the "ADIT stamping" crowed will be less. I told her the approval letter does not include FRI :confused:

@ 6.45 "rent a mob" (security, as someone in this forum called them) shows up

@ 6.50 "rent a mob" hoist the flag and makes you stand up which forces the sleeping beauties :D to get up and the line becomes more dense and moves a little forward. After the ceremony one of them gives you a speach about Fed building and security procedure. It reminded me of movies in which the prison supervisor gives a speach to the new convicts before they are led into cells.

@ 7.00 they start letting people in. about 5-10 at a time. Please don't wear anything with metal like belt. They will make you remove all of these and it makes you loose some time and people behind you will go ahead and get their token.

I got in @ around 8.00 as I was probably in the 7th or 8th batch

Showed the Courtesy Approval letter to the person at the first counter and got my token D43X (I saw that they were calling D401, D402 to the processing counters) The person at the counter told me to write the address to which I want my card send on the approval notice if its different from the one in the notice.

There were 9 counters open and upto 5 counters were processing D series. :D

So I was happy to see the processing moving fast and each case was taking between 10-15 minutes. I was called at 9.30 and the officer was very friendly and didn't ask anything other than the docs listed below and I was out by 9.40. The whole thing took about 5 hrs.

Docs asked.
Approval notice.
Photos.
Passport + attached I-94
EADs and APs

My wife didn't join me as we have a 2 year old so I asked the officer if she needs to bring in anything other that the above when she come for stamping. He said no. He also told me that the card should arrive in 3 to 6 months.

PS: I met a guy who applied for his I-140 + 485 in March 2003 in EB2 with a replaced Labour and got approved last week. He was telling me that he never expected the approval and was planning to get engaged shortly to his girl friend who is on H1 :( He was all tensed as he had booked tickets for travel today @ 2pm. He was sent back y'day as he came late. But he was out by 9.30 :D

I used Costco photos as that was the only shop opened y'day after 6pm to get photos done. So even the $5 photos works. :D

My attorney was ready to setup appointments for $25/person

Hope this helps folks going for stamping @ San Jose

Last edited by a moderator:
Please email your attorney's contact info

Could you please email your attorney's phone #? I don't mind spending $25 to get an appointment. Its well worth it. Adabas@hotmail.com. Thanks for your assistance.

Hot mail,

This is very useful detailed information for people who will go for stamping in the next week or so. Thanks for sharing the info.

-wac02098