Friday GC stamping experience at San Jose

rk4gc

Registered Users (C)
1. My GC got approved on 29th July
2. Received approval notice in a week.
3. My passport is expiring so I applied for a new passport and received it on 8/10.
4. Skipped Thursday as it is a short working day.
5. Even though Friday is not mentioned in the approval notice, wanted to give a shot as some forum members had good experience.

This how it went.

1. Went to CIS local office at Montery Rd. San Jose at around 5:40am.
2. There are about 50-60 people before me. I think its cosiderably less at 5:40am. I felt happy as I'm expecting more than 100 people in line. May be its because of Friday.
3. The usual flag hosting/speach process started at 7:00am.
7. Line started moving but only to compress nobody admitted yet.
8. 7:20am They started admitting people in batches.
9. By 7:40 we are in. As some body suggested we went light, no cell phones ( our cell phones are camera phones which are not allowed). Minimal accessaries that trigger the beep and just a document holder. The scannig is a breaze.
10. Got D41x token number, nobody asked us why we came on Friday though Friday is not mentioned on the approval letter. Thats cool.
10. First half an hour was very bad, only three counters. Very randomely numbers called. To kill the time we started betting on the next token number :).
11. By an hour total 6 counters opened and coutners 4 and 12 dedicated for D series. And things started moving fast. Its on average 10 minutes for each GC applicant. The number of persons per token varied a lot for one token there is only one person and for the other there 6 persons. Both counters doing the job effieciently.
12. We got our number by 9:20am.
13. We are out by 9:40am.

So guys, if it is necessary its not a bad idea to go for stamping on Fridays.

Good luck,

so you need to take the non-appointment line? People who do this in June can use the appointment line. Things changed?

Yes, thats the new policy it seems. And you can go into appointment line if you can manage to get an appointment from a lawyer. If you search this forum you will find some pointers about that.

Stamping with an appointment

Got my stamp today (813) from Sanjose. Got an appointment for today (between 1:30-2:30PM) through my lawyer (25 bucks). Got there at 1:00 PM and went straight to room 200. Went in at 1:15PM and out by 1:30PM.

Getting an appointment is highly recommended guys !

-Muthu

They are the same and the directions from yahoo are correct..... First becomes monterey rd ....

-Muthu

gaintstep said:
is it "1887 Monterey Road" or "1887 Monterey Hwy"? Yahoo maps only know Hwy not Road.
Yes both are same. Its easy to find on the Montery, look for "CIS" board on the side of the road. If you are coming from First st., its on the right side. "CIS" board is a 4 feet high board from the ground. And I think thats the only office with a "Palm Tree".