Fresh J1 Visa from a Third country

canjazz

Registered Users (C)
I am currently in Canada on a Work permit (originally came on a student permit completed my degree and now working since 18 months). Recently, an acedamic institution in the US is willing to sponsor my J1, and I too am interested in this work. Can I apply for a J1 visa in Canada (I have applied for B1/B2 and H1 visas both in Canada and successfully received them, I never really worked on H1 as it was a software consultancy based company and I had to go to US and find a project, I didnt wanted to do this). My home country is India, and it is expensive in terms of time and money to go to India for a J1 visa stamp. Can any of your suggest what I should be doing?

Thank you for your help!!
Jaz

Can any of you kindly suggest something?? Can I expect some help from the gurus out here?

Thanks in advance!!!
Jaz

Yes, U can apply but if u thru US embassy website, it is clearly mentioned that ''u r encouraged to apply from ur home country as any other embassy won't be having resources to verify the documents submitted by u''. So it is advisable to apply for ur home country.

My case is also a live example, I m also from India. Initially I applied for my J1 from London as I was exactly like urs case. I was in UK, studying and working and didn't wanna go to India to apply for J1. So I applied in London and it got denied. So I had to go to India and apply........and surprisingly, I got it in a week.

I am not sure the peocedures followed in Canada but see what works for u.

Good Luck

Yes, U can apply but if u thru US embassy website, it is clearly mentioned that ''u r encouraged to apply from ur home country as any other embassy won't be having resources to verify the documents submitted by u''. So it is advisable to apply for ur home country.

My case is also a live example, I m also from India. Initially I applied for my J1 from London as I was exactly like urs case. I was in UK, studying and working and didn't wanna go to India to apply for J1. So I applied in London and it got denied. So I had to go to India and apply........and surprisingly, I got it in a week.

I am not sure the peocedures followed in Canada but see what works for u.

Good Luck