Freak out!!!

tellmewhy

Registered Users (C)
I have never received the 485 receipt notice. I filed it on 2/25/03. The attorney did send me a copy of the receipt which has the date and money amount they've received when 485 was filed. That's not the Receipt Notice though. But it does have the hand-written date of 2/25/03 on it.
I requested 2 weeks ago to get a copy of the original receipt notice. I got it in the mail today, however, it freaks me out because the RD is now 2/3/2004 and the ND is 9/7/2004 which is when the new notice is sent. Obviously they create a new receipt notice for me. However, does that mean my RD has changed to 2/3/2004?????? If yes, then I'll kill myself! I've been waiting for over 1.5 years now and my life is in a limbo because of this damn GC, I can't afford to wait another year!
I'm planning to call the service center tomorrow, but I know how useless they are. What do you suggest? Is there another way that I can directly inquire and correct this? Please help!

Is your case is family based?
Notice date on the receipt indicates date on which receipt was printed. It seems to me that he is giving you the duplicate receipt. It is very difficult to believe that VSC could issue duplicate receipt so fast.
If it is family based there is chance that attorney might have obtained the receipt at local district office.

Hi tellmewhy,
I am going through the same issue what you are going through, please check my signature and also the link below and you will find all the discussion about my case. The only difference between your case and mine is that I have acted immediately and you have after one year. Generally the actual Notice Date is the date when the Money is deposited in their account and if you have the details about the Payment you made, then you should seriously follow it up CIS with the help of your lawyer and also you should put pressure from your Local Congress Man/ Senator by taking their help. But you should explain your case with all the valid proofs that you have mailed the application on so and so date and the application was entered on so and so date by the help of checks or some payment method.

Same Issue

Hi Need help 1, can I email you to discuss this? I'm really worried now. I don't know somehow I didn't think this is such a big issue. I called the customer service, they're useless, just telling me to send a letter to vermont service center. How did you talk to IIO? I'd like to find out where my case is standing also, but don't know how. I'm in Columbus Ohio, need to find out which congressman/senator is here.. my god, this could potentially delay my case for another year???

My 5 digit notice no. is 03-110-xxxxx.

I'm the primary applicant. My husband application was not filed till 9/2003.

You are fine..

Your case number is the true reflection of the Receipt Date...

03 is their Fiscal Year...Which begins in October...

So for your date of Feb 2003..it shud be 03...which is fine..
Now the 110 is the Working day of the fiscal year beginning October 1st...
They count saturday as a working day...
Hence even 110 seems fine as that would fall sometime in February Time frame...

You are OK..Nothing to worry..

I kind of agree with asdasd suggestions above, but I understand that it is really difficult to just sit idle thinking that everything is fine after seeing the Receipt notice with different dates on it as we are really not 100% sure how CIS approves the cases based on EAC numbers or Receipt Dates or Notice dates.

You can always send me a private message and I will give you my personal email address and we can discuss in detail. I think yours is the second case after mine which has the similar issue and trust me this is really a rare case and we can easily prove that it is a mistake on CIS part.

tellmewhy said:
My 5 digit notice no. is 03-110-xxxxx.

I'm the primary applicant. My husband application was not filed till 9/2003.
My case is 03-162-xxxxx filed on 04/03. Your number looks normal as Feb/03 filer. However, you deserve a correction to your RD, ND since USCIS could mess up if there is anything unusual.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope everything is fine. I'm ready to send a letter to VSC. I have never sent any letters to congressman/senators yet, i might need to start trying that. Which is more effective? congressman or senator?

Needhelp1 and everyone, basically my biggest question is how do I get to talk to the IIO to find out where my case is standing?

Tellmewhy,

I checked your receipt number. Since your first 2 digit number is 03 which is 2003 (fiscal year 2003) and your 3 digits after 03 is 110 which is February, you are fine and you have nothing to worry about it.

BCIS officer said that the receipt Number is more important than RD/ND because BCIS enters only either receipt number or alien number (A# number) on the computer, not RD/ND so you are fine. You are not going to have another year. :) If you want another year, then your receipt number would be 04-110-xxxxx.

You can walk in at your local senator's office or your local house of representative's office and ask what receipt number means and what rd/nd means. or you can walk in at your local BCIS office and ask BCIS information officer. They can answer your question. I am sure receipt number is more important. RD/ND doesn't mean anything because if they print out the receipt notice today, then RD/ND would be today, but receipt number does not change.

You can breathe out. :) Just relax and just enjoy with your husband.

USGC485