FRE/VSC-Urgent

gj1

Registered Users (C)
Hi, my details, EB2/RIR/VSC/INDIA/BS+6 yrs experiance,PD 08/13/1999, RD 01/07/2000, RFE ON 08/26/2000, RFE replied
   on 09/16/2000. Got a RFE saying that Labour didn\'t mention MS, so please change to EB3. My lawyer told me that, she gave
   a ad saying that Required is MS or BS+5 yrs experiance. So we sent a RFE reply saying that, ad was like this, this Job
   requires minimum MS or BS+5 yrs exp. I didn\'t change to EB3. RFE replied on 09/16/2000, still waiting. Now i am worried.
   what is going to happen. Is there any guys in this situvation. Is anybody got a approval?, I attached ammendment for CP in
   the RFE.

Exact INS wordings:It does not appear that your petition is approvable to classify as a EB2 under 203(b)(2) of INA because
   the minimum educational requirement is a bachlelor\'s degree, and not a master\'s degree. If you want to change the
   classification, please change it Now.

No Title

I am in I140 stage. EB2/RIR. I140 not yet approved?, Labour approved for EB2.

No Title

I had this same problem. INS asked me to change my category to EB3 as I was BS+5 and in my labour it did not mention MS.
But my attorney replied to RFE quoting a section in INA ( I dont remember the exact words) explaining INS to approve my case in EB2.
And it was finally approved.
bSo hold in there, you will get your approval in EB3.

No Title

Yeskay, last part(bSo hold in there, you will get your approval in EB3) is ambiguos.

Anyway, gj1, the word "MS" MUST be specified in section 13 or 14(i think) in your labour application.

No Title

Oops sorry for the typo gj1, I meant that your 140 will be shortly approved under EB2. Thanks dragonbyte for pointing the typo.

No Title

Hi, i got a Labour certification approval from my lawyer. ETA 750, column 14 mentioned as College Degree Required: B.S
EXPERIENCE:5 yrs. Labour Got approved. I am qualify for EB2 right?. I got a RFE like that,

Exact INS wordings:It does not appear that your petition is approvable to classify as a EB2 under
   203(b)(2) of INA because
      the minimum educational requirement is a bachlelor\'s degree, and not a master\'s degree. If you want to
   change the
      classification, please change it Now. I sent a RFE reply stating that BS+5 yrs consider as a EB2.Is there any guys got I140 approval, stating that above in Labour for EB2.

No Title

In my opinion, you qualify for EB2. By reading the wordings on INS notice, it says you are not eligibal for EB2.
Read this part:
.... 203(b)(2) of INA because the minimum educational requirement is a bachlelor\'s degree, and not a master\'s degree.
What they are saying in this line is, your job (according to labour cert) requires bachelor\'s degree and not masters. But I heard that INS will consider BS+5yrs as EB2 in some cases. But that is not INS notice is saying. Looks like they consider a job that requires Masters as eligible for EB2.

No Title

So I sent a RFE reply saying that BS+5 yrs is equivalent to EB2. so please approve in EB2. Reply sent on 09/16/2000. Still waiting?. Is it approvable?.

No Title

There is no classification as EB2 or EB3 in labor certification stage. When you apply for 140, that is the time you ask for EB2 or EB3 classification based on your job requirements that is mentioned in labor stage. Sometimes, INS will accept BS+5yrs as eligible for EB2 classification. Sometimes not. You have to talk to your lawyer and findout how you can convince INS that your BS+5yrs is eligible for EB2.

No Title

Read Inside.
For me it looks approvable. Here is the deal. Go to "http://www.immigration-law.com"
Click on Breaking News section on the right side of the screen. Let the page load completely.
Look for the following titles:
Updated 05/09/00: BS+5yr EB-2 Firm by Court Order
Updated 03/27/00: At Last! EB-2 Advanced Degree Equivalency INS HQ Memorandum Released!!

If required, you can mention these regulations/rules/law (or whatever they are called) to INS.

No Title

As I replied to gj1\'s posting earlier, it would seem that when this
petition was filed, 6th Jan \'00, BS+5 was still NOT considered for
EB2. The actaul ruling came out in end March\'00. That could
be the part of the problem

No Title

As far as i understood, Job Requirements must say that the position requires MS with 2 years exp or BS with 5+ experience in order to qualify to be under EB2. Even if the total years make exactly 5 years, INS would downgrade the catagory. So its gotta be over 5 years.

No Title

Also, experience on the current job does not count. 5+ years of experience should be present at the time you joined the present company (which applied for the labor certification and GC).

No Title

When i applied i had BS(4 yrs degree)+61/2 Years experience before i joined present company. I don\'t know about the Evaluvation. When replied my lawyer didn\'t attach evaluvation. She did while applying a I140. Here INS concern is mentioned only BS, not a MS.

No Title

Hi gj1,
   Got your message.
   I had my degree evaluated to prove that the degree is equivalent to a BS in US, but the evaluation didn\'t talk about any Masters or its equivalent in my case.
But as peter mentioned its always a good idea to get the BS + 5 evaluated as a MS degree and send it to INS.
Hope this helps.
But dont worry you will get your approval soon.

No Title

Thanks Yeskay. I Got this info from immigration-law.com.

I have BE(4 yrs degree)+61/2 yrs experience.

INS HQ at last released the long-awaited memorandum settling all the puzzles relating to the "equivalent"
     to Master\'s degree issues for the EB-2 qualification in connection with ETA 750 Part A. Good news. It
     has accepted all the liberal views, overriding the narrow and conservative views of some of the Service
     Centers.
     This memorandum is relevant to those who do not have a master\'s degree but attempt to make EB-2
     case. The following rules clarify how BS or BA people can make EB-2 case when employer requires 5
     or more years of work experience. The following summary requires the reader\'s understanding of the
     issues surrounding Master\'s equivalent issues.
     Summary:
          (1) INS cannot reject EB-2 petition where "progressive" language is not written in ETA 750, Item
          14 of ETA 750 Part A.
          (2) Each of the following option is acceptable for EB-2, each standing alone:
               (a-1) Item 14: Education - M.S., M.A., or Equivalent; Experience - 0
               (a) Item 14: Education - B.S. (or foreign equiv); Experience - 5 years job offered or related
               occupation
               (b) Item 14: Education - M.S.or equiv**; Experience - 3 years job offered or related
               occupation, and in Item 15: **Will consider candidates with BS and 5 yrs experience.
               (c) Item 14: Education - M.S. or equiv**; Experience - 3 years job offered or related
               occupation, and in Item 15: Bachelor\'s degree in XXX or academic equivalent, and 5 years
               of progressive experience will substitute for Master\'s degree in XXX and 3 years of such
               experience.
          Revolutionary rule: "Unless the ETA 750 clearly and explicitly requires that the level of
          experience that a Master\'s applicant must have must be post-magisterial experience," in both (b)
          and (c) above, the applicant does not have to prove BS+5 yrs+3 yrs exp. The 3 years of
          experience requirement can include the 3 years which are used to make up "5 years." In other
          words, simply BS+5 yrs of exp requirement in (b) and (c) above makes it equivalent to MS+ 3 yrs
          exp requirement, unless additional experience is clearly and explicitly required by the
          employer in ETA 750 Item 14!!! Kudos!!!
          By the same token, unless clearly and explicitly required, alien who has just earned MS with no
          post-MS experience can meet (b) or (c) if the alien gained such experience before MS.
          Salute to the INS HQ!
     The foregoing is a summary. Please do not rely on the summary. Actual memorandum will be posted
     later.
     It is unclear at this time whether the INS will accept a motion to reopen the decision that denied on this
     issue. It appears, though, that the applicant who required BS+5yrs in ETA 750 may now consider filing
     another I-140 petition for EB-2 if he/she only filed EB-3 petition.
     Employers who were reluctant to file EB-2 on the belief that the job would not require a master\'s degree
     may reconsider their policy inasmuch as they agree that the job requires BS + at least 5 years of
     experience. Such new policy will be very helpful to the Indian and Chinese professional employees who
     will face a serious priority date retrogression from April 2000