Fraudulent Greencard

Angelina 2682

Hello. My husband married me in 2008 in our home country under the pretext that he is a greencard holder. A few months into the marriage we realised that he was already married in US to someone in order to obtain Greencard. He married her in 2006. He married me to have financial benefit from my father as he had already drained his US wife of all assests. On our insistence he divorced his US wife but only after he got the permanent greencard. He promised to be good husband after the divorce. We have been married now for 7 years. We have had constant arguments, domestic violence etc. We have two kids- a four year and a one year. I have been tortured, physically abused, mentally harrased in these years. Everytime we fought the settlement happened when my father send us some money to resolve the issue. At times he has desserted me and my kids for few months at a stretch. He always threatens me that he would run to US as he has greencard. I have tried several time but have beeen refused any visa to US. I want to divorce him and I want to get his greencard revoked as he did fraud with me and his first wife both.

Please help me.

First of all, you don't know his first marriage was fraudulent. You don't know he wasn't in a genuine marriage at the time he got his green card. You have no evidence he ever lied to the U.S. government. And frankly, the process by which he got his green card did not involve you, so I don't see what business you have in "getting his green card revoked" except out of spite.

Now, he did commit fraud in his marriage to you. He lied about being unmarried when he was actually married and shouldn't have been able to marry (I'm assuming this is in one of the countries that don't allow polygamy). He committed bigamy, which may be a crime in your country. This fraud affected you, so you can see what action you can take against him for that.

But most of all, why are you still with him? If there is domestic violence, get out of there. Why let yourself be tortured and abused? Your "marriage" to him is polygamous and therefore invalid in the eyes of the U.S. (and probably local law too), so there is no benefit you can get by staying with him anyway, unless you re-marry (which is not worth it).

Hello. I want to divorce him. but he is not willing to. That is the reason i want to get his greencard revoked. Because once before i have tried to get him to divorce me but he runs away to states leaving me and our kids here. i need some leverage to force him to divorce me. I would have love the statisfaction of revenge but i am more concerned about my kids right now. As he is toying with the emotions of our four year old.

I don't know what country you're in, but I think usually either party can unilaterally divorce. Plus your marriage is probably not valid anyway due to it being bigamy, so it can probably even be annulled.