France Does Not Recognize Rtd????

pedrop said:
I found the following link:
http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/visas/visasen.htm

Read=>
IMPORTANT : Since October 2002, France no longer accept and recognize the INS-issued refugee travel document, except if on the first page, there is the mention "permanent resident". Consequently, no visa will be issued on presentation of this document.

This is not new. It says no visa will be issued does not mean you cannot visit. If you want to visit France, you can visit some close by Schengen countries that issues visa to RTD holders. Once you landed on Belgium, for example, you can make a side trip to France. As long as you have a Schegen visa, you can travel freely within the Schengen State.

sorry to be a pain in the neck .. :eek:
I am still searching for the answer: if a third country does not recognize RTD does that mean there is no way asylees can go there? :confused:
thanks

I went to france on a RTD without any freaking problem. I went to the french embassy and the guy was like "WE DO NOT ISSUE VISA ON THIS. FRANCE DOESN"T RECOGNIZE THIS.". I was so pissed. I had already bought my ticket but it was going from france to germany. Since France is part of european union, you go through the immigration control since france to germany is domestic flight. I went through immigration and the guy flipped it left and right and finally let me go when talked to his supervisor. I went to germany but coming back to u.s, I spent few days in France with no troubles at all..