France Does Not Issue Visas To Refugees?

pedrop

Registered Users (C)
I just called the Consulate General of France in Chicago and they told me that UNLESS the refugee has a permanent resident card, the consulate will NOT issue a visa.... ????

Also, with the Mexican Consulate they said that you have to apply up to 2 months in advance for a permit from the Mexican Institute of Immigration and after that you also have to get a visa.....

WHAT!!!!

I know that about Mexico

( I mentioned it in another thread) . But I traveled to Mexico without a visa because I applied it for it without advance and they told me the same thing. when entering Mexico the immigration officer didn't ask me anything , and I felt like he was treating me as an American citizen because my documents said "United States Department of Homeland Security". And if I needed to go for the second time I would without a visa because the service at the Mexican consulate (at least here in Los Angeles ) is chaotic , is a mess ! but this is all in Mexico , they're really cool about this things when you are talking about America. I have no experience with other countries .
That's my advice !