FPGEE validlty?

ozgeuyanik

Hi Everyone,

I'm Ozge - Pharmacist from Turkey.

I have a question about FPGEE. I don't know if I have a right to apply to FPGEE.

I was graduated in 2005 pn 4-year education system. I also had my Pharmacology MSc. degree in Istanbul. In FPGEC form I've read something like this:

"If You were issued a pharmacy degree on or after 1, January 2003, you must have completed a minimum five-year pharmacy curriculum at the time of graduation. Coursework and internships completed after graduation will not be considered in determining the minimum required curriculum length."

Does this mean that I'll never ever be able to take FPGEE?
If there are pharmacists who are in the same condition please contact me.
If you have any idea about what to do, please let me know how I can take the FPGEE or how I can learn what to do?

Cheers,
Ozge :)

it is true, you can't and they are strict about it...

are you working now in the pharmacy field?

i know of a schoolmate who graduated 2003. and unfortunately, that was the cut-off for the 5-yr curriculum. he had to take PharmD over here.

Ask Them

Coursework and internships completed after graduation will not be considered in determining the minimum required curriculum length. Post-baccalaureate degrees will not be considered except under limited circumstances where the degree obtained and coursework completed to obtain the degree satisfactorily show that the candidate obtained experience in patient care in a clinical pharmacy practice setting. Consideration of post-baccalaureate degrees and whether they may be applicable to determine the minimum required curriculum length will be made on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the FPGEC.

Last edited by a moderator: