FP while in FBI name check

captshaq

Registered Users (C)
Hey everyone,

The short (or long) of it: I'm in employment based I-485 process since 03/2005. I was told our names were submitted to the FBI name check a month later (04/2005) and have not been clear yet.

I'm trying to cross-check all the information I'm getting which, as you will see, is very contridicting.

01/2007 - met with an immigration officer who told me that the USCIS will not do anything, including not issue new biometrics invitation, until the FBI clears the name.

03/2007 - received invitation for fp, and saw the LUD move right after we took them. I understood this as an indication that the FBI cleared the name. However, the congressman aid I was in touch with checked with Vermont and told me that the FBI did NOT release the name yet, and the fp was done probably because the old ones expired.

Yesterday I met with another immigration officer who told me that the FBI DID clear the name back in 02/2007, before the fp invitation was issued.
I spoke again with the congressman aid, and he said he will check.

Now for the question: did anyone experienced a case where they were invited for fp while their name is still in FBI name check process?

Thanks much, and good luck to all!

Shaq

Hey everyone,

The short (or long) of it: I'm in employment based I-485 process since 03/2005. I was told our names were submitted to the FBI name check a month later (04/2005) and have not been clear yet.

I'm trying to cross-check all the information I'm getting which, as you will see, is very contridicting.

01/2007 - met with an immigration officer who told me that the USCIS will not do anything, including not issue new biometrics invitation, until the FBI clears the name.

03/2007 - received invitation for fp, and saw the LUD move right after we took them. I understood this as an indication that the FBI cleared the name. However, the congressman aid I was in touch with checked with Vermont and told me that the FBI did NOT release the name yet, and the fp was done probably because the old ones expired.

Yesterday I met with another immigration officer who told me that the FBI DID clear the name back in 02/2007, before the fp invitation was issued.
I spoke again with the congressman aid, and he said he will check.

Now for the question: did anyone experienced a case where they were invited for fp while their name is still in FBI name check process?

Thanks much, and good luck to all!

Shaq

This means that your application will be approved soon (less than a month) if you have current PD. Congratulation

This means that your application will be approved soon (less than a month) if you have current PD. Congratulation

Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed... you know as well as I do that it doesn't happen until it happens...:)

Shaq

Similar Situation

Hi Captshaq, I am in a very similar situation than you, do you have some news after your 2nd FP ? I went for 2nd FP last May 3rd, still no LUD...nothing...

EB1
I-485/I-140 : February 9th 2005
I-140 Approved : April 28th 2005
1st FP : August 2005
2nd FP : May 3rd 2007

I am in the same boat. Done 2nd FP on May 4. LUD change everyday since then. But last two days there is no changes. I don't know what to think. Called to Vermont SC. Lady told me that she can 't share any information about name check or so on, but case is processing by the person in Vermont now.
Is it good sign or bad?

No LUD after FP

I have completed FP on 05/08/2007.
But there is no LUD until now.

In 2005, when I havd the FP, LUD appeared one week after the FP.

Nirvan

no news so far....

So far no news, not even a LUD...
I will wait up to 1 month after my 2nd FP that was made on May 3rd, if no news, I'll take an Infopass to find out if I continue under Name Check ( 27months since Name Check started, it is ridiculous isn't it ? ).
I don't understand why it takes so long, anyway, my bet ( or hope ) is that this wait will not reach 2008 !

FBI Name Check

Here is my case detail…

EB3 PD 02/24/02
140/485/EAD/AP RD: 12/23/2004
EAD1: AD:3/18/2005
AP : AD: 3/18/2005
FP1: 3/20/2005
140: AD: 1/12/05
485: ND :2/10/05 LUD's:2/20/05 FP(Reveiced):
EAD2: ND:2/01/2006: AD: Waiting
AP2: ND:2/01/2006: AD: Waiting

Since 2005 I do not have LUD/ updates on my case. I went to USCIS in 06/2005, 01/2006, 04/2006, 09/2006 and 03/2007..they told me that my case was sent to name check. Still they are waiting on name check. EAD and AP also waiting to get approved.

Today my case is updated with Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.
That means my name check also completed?

Infopass after 2nd FP

I went to Infopass, they informed me my Name Check is still pending.:cool:
So, this 2nd FP must be just to keep our files alive after the expiration of 1st FP.
I believe there is no much we can do with the current FBI process and legislation that do not enforce this agency to provide an answer within a time frame.
I have decided to take this wait with other mood, after all, if we are legal in this country with our EAD allowing us to work here, it's just a matter of time; however, WOM is becoming an option supported by the economic damage we may suffered if local entities as Counties and University, consider us non residents for taxes and tuition, which would affect, seriously, our economies.
I have filed for Homestead exemption, if not granted, I would see this as a ground for WOM.
Good luck !;)
SugarFree

I did my first FP in 2005 and 2 months ago my case was transferred to TSC. Lat month I received second FP notice whic I did. How can I find out wheher my name check is cleared or not? Please advice

I did my first FP in 2005 and 2 months ago my case was transferred to TSC. Lat month I received second FP notice whic I did. How can I find out wheher my name check is cleared or not? Please advice

INFOPASS worked for me to find out my name check was pending.