FP vs Police Clearance

Immigration101

Registered Users (C)
How many times does INS typically try to obtain your finger-prints before asking you to get a police clearance (in case the finger-prints are rejected as unreadable by the FBI each time).

Does anyone know the time/process involved in obtaining a police clearance?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

I also want to know what is the procedure now, because FBI rejected two times for bad quality. should I go for third time or police clearance?

No Title

Even i am curious to know b\'cose my spouse FP rejected by FBI. How long will it take to receive notice for FP again

No Title

Just to make you guys feel better, my wife did FP 3 times in last 3 months. And all 3 times it got rejected. As per our lawyer, INS will use something different for criminal background check. We are still waiting. We got 2nd and 3rd notice fast enough. This was from NSC.

No Title

Thanks vvkkmm. Can you please keep us posted on what you heard from the INS and how long does one have to wait before hearing from them?

No Title

If your wife\'s FP is rejected twice, in that case is your I-485 approved or pending?

rk_gov

No Title

Does anybody know if we can get the police clearance ahead of time and how long would it take?

No Title

My finger prints have been rejected as unreadable two times by FBI. I went for the third time, and even the third time is doubtful as per fingerprint office. As fas as the info I gathered, you need police clearance after the third time, and for that you must get a letter from INS. I am still waiting for the further instructions from INS.