FP urgent help

Ramesh Tendulkar

Registered Users (C)
My wife's FP was received by INS as unclassified. We received another FP notice in the mail today. The FP date is 09/20/2002, but we don't want to wait till then.

Can we? should we go tomorrow? just show up there in the morning.

Center = Arlington, VA.

Any experience/advice will be much appreciated.

Patience is the key to sucess

Hi,

It might sound harsh but let me tell you one thing why do u want to hurry and mess up things.

The date given for FP is the date which will be in there computer database so if u go on the same day it will be advisable.

But still u are intend to go call INS and verify If it is possible to scedule an early date then fine.

My advice is go on the same day. please don't hurry have patience.

go tomorrow !

Don't listen to chmurali.

My FP was done in Hungtinton (Alexandra, VA) one month ahead of schedule. Go there at a none busy time (early morning, or 3 or 4pm in the afternoon), find a reason (or don't let them notice your FP date), the officer in charge is very nice and she will let you do it !

Is there a seperate Arlington office ? I don't know anything there... go there and give a try ! I think you have waited long enough, -- i mean you don't have to worry about the 6-month expiration problem...

Try your best and then have patience waiting, that is the good way to solve problems, see what i mean...

It depends on your local INS. In my case, i went for early FP in NH. So, check with your local INS. If they have walk-in FP, get it done with it.

thanks for your useful replies guys. I will go there tomorrow and give it a try. I will let you all know in the same thread. This is a great board, most ppl here are helpful.

And sjy, its the same INS, Hungtinton (Alexandra, VA)

Thanks.

Ramesh

You can try FP on Monday. In worst case, they will ask you to come at the scheduled date. Otherwise your job will be done.

Samething happened to me when I went for earlier FP. My local INS officer asked me why I came earlier than the scheduled date. First of all there is no rush also. I am the only person there on that day. Even then the lady there asked me the question. I didn't expect this question. Hence as i have given no proper answer, she asked me to come at the scheduled date.

So prepare to give a good reason if asked. Good luck.

08/15, 10/11, 12/27 waiting still

DONE

I guess it was my lucky day yesterday.

We went to INS Huntington, Arlington VA at 2:00pm. There were some 20-25 ppl seated and we were thinking should we spend 1 hour outside and come back later.

But, we thought of asking the lady on the table. As soon as we approached her, a lady who does the fingerprinting came over, she took my wife with her, with a blank form. She filled up the form herself.

No problems. It was done in 10 mins. and we were outta there.

I was not expecting it to be done yest. We had 3 issues.
My wife's name change (the FP notice had her previous name). It was sent to my previous address and had the previous address on it. And we were 1 and a half months before time.

But, they didn't ask us any questions, and probably they didn't check the date. She changed the name on their system immediately and also changed the address, WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

I don't know for what those 20-25 ppl were waiting there.

I think, just got lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramesh Tendulkar

Good job man! I forgot about Saturday and asked you to go on Monday in my previous posting in this thread.

Anyway. Your job is done. You are the man with lucky fortunes.

So now your approval may come in a few days. May be because of this FP data, your case would have got delayed. Just a guess. But good luck.

My dates are also 08/15, 10/11,12/27. Process resumed on 18th Jan 2002.

Let's see how it goes. Good luck again.

great, congrats

now you can relax and wait, -- nothing else you can do... maybe you should call VSC in a few days to confirm your address and name change, not sure the FP date will be used for 485..