FP Status not updated

torajm

FP Status not updated

Me and my wife had out FP done at the local NJ Hackensack office back in March-2003. I had my fingerprints taken using electronic machine and my wife had to go through the manual ink type one.

Now when I check my status of 485, it states we sent you a notice for appearing for finger print blah blah... etc... The same message displayed before going for my fingerprinting. It doesn't state that they have received the finger prints.

Whereas in my wife's case - it states fingerprint accepted and processing continues etc...

Anyone else had similar experience? Is this normal?
I would imagine electronic fingerprinting to be faster than manual?

fyi.
EB3
Vermont
140/485 concurrent filing in Jan-2003.
140 approved Sep-2003.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My wife and I both did our fingerprints at the end of July. Our online status never been changed, neither before FP nor after FP. Is it critical? Please give some information. I am so worried our FP were not received.
We did FP electronically at local ASC.

ND 3/26/02
FP 7/29/03
:confused:

yl8401

we should not believe online status blindly as it does not seem to be updated regularly.

considering that you filed on july its better you call the national service center and talk to a representative. not sure how useful this is because even they use to read the same online status message from their computer. request your attorney to followup with this issue. if this is not helpful consider contacting your local senator and request them to help you considering about your i485 ND and FP status update issues. you surely might get some help there.

same here

I went for the fingerprinting on June 12 2003 and still the BCIS page says :

On May 15, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address.

I called national customer service center and they said that they cannot tell me whether they successfully received my FP or not...

This is so frustrating...

same here

Same here. I and my wife got fingerprinted on December 27, 2002. Her online status got updated like “…. Processing resumed”. However, my online status did not even mention that FP notice was sent to me. I ignored the whole thing. Then I received second FP notice (According to FBI customer service, my first FP processing was successfully processed and sent to BCIS) scheduled for May 7, 2003. Anyway, I got this FP done. Now my online status says that, “We sent you a notice to appear for FP….”. According to FBI customer service, my second FP processing was also successfully processed and sent to BCIS. I called that National Customer service number to find out why my online status did not get updated. That’s futile. I sent a formal letter to BCIS, CSC in September. That also does not help. The only consolation is that I am not the only guy who is in this situation. If any guy has successfully handled this situation please let us know.

Thanks