FP results not received by INS even after 7 months

kraman

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Myself and my wife did our FP on May 31, 2002 in Charlotte, NC. The AVM had been updated for my wife that FP results had been received on June 6 and processing has resumed. But for me, it had not been updated at all. It it still "Your application to adjust to permanant resident status received on Jan 10, 02 and it is taking between 765..." crap. BTW I am the primary applicant.

Whenever I called Texas INS service center, they say they had not received my results from FBI. I checked with FBI, they they had sent my FP results to INS on the same day with that of my wife. They cannot send it to INS second time unless INS issues a new FP order. Now when I called INS today, they say wait for my second FP notice sometime later this year as my first FP would anyway expire before they process my case.

I do not know how to go from here? Did anyone face a similar situation? Any input from you would be of great help. I called my attorney(Fragomen... et.al..) to get some input and like always it did n't help much.

I really appreciate your thoughts and input.

Thanks,
Raman

I have the same problem. I am the primary applicant but message never udpated. My wife's case updated.

We talked to IIO few weeks ago. They checked other systems and told us my case was not updated but they received our FP.

I would suggest you call them again and ask them to check their 485 system. I am under the impression that they have different system for different cases.

Please keep us update and good luck.

Raman,
You better go one more time to do another FP using your copy of old FP notice by saying that INS has not received my FP and hence they asked me to do it again. Hope this helps.

same boat

I have the same problem as you. I did my second FP in Nov. 2002, and FBI sent the result to INS in early Dec. However, INS insisted that they never got anything from FBI. I got another FP notice in early Jan. 2003 and did FP the third time. I have not called INS to check the result yet. my FP status was never updated online (first FP was rejected).

stillwaiting88

why did you have to go a 3rd time for the FP. My FP was rejected the first time. When I went the 2nd time I was told by the INS officer taking the prints that they only try to obtain prints twice. If the 2nd FP fails they continue processing the 485 case without any further need for prints. She told me that the INS understands that sometimes it is very difficult to obtain classifiable prints. She said that sometimes the TSC accidentally sends a 3rd notice.
You might want to check with your lawyer.
Good Luck.

Thanks wengfabg_z, GK1999 & stillwaiting88 for the reply.

wenfang_z,

They checked their I-485 system also and told me they did not receive the FP results. The most frustrating part is, when I called them immediately after my FP, they told me they received the results and would update the AVM soon. Now, they are saying they did not receive it at all. How do we hold them for what they said?

GK1999,
Is is possible? Would they allow me to do FP one more time with my old FP notice?

stillwaiting88,
The problem in my case is, the IIO refused to order a new FP as my ND is Jan 10, 2002 and she said she can manuallly order FP only for 2001 cases.

kraman what is your 485 ND.

Hi, What is the receipt date of your 485. Remember that sometimes the FP notice comes very early and the 485 approval comes a year or so later. A friend of mine here in Mobile got her FP notice within a month of filing and one year later is still waiting on her approval. Please don't go by the AVM. I don't think they update it often enough.

I don't know what went wrong

Anyway, FBI insisted that they have sent my second FP to INS. INS insisted that they did not get anything for that FP from FBI. Maybe that is why INS ordered the 3rd FP. My wife is the primary applicant and her case was approved 8 months ago. I will update after I call INS to check the third FP result. I have not had a chance to call yet.
RD: 4/2001
Primary approved: 5/2002.

I had the same problem. I too had contacted FBI, Application support center where I did my fingerprinting and they all confirmed that fingerprints have been sent to INS. After contacting IIO several times, I came to know that my fingerprints were filed under my I-140 A #. My I-140 A# and I-485 A # are different. When IIO pulls my I-485 receipt number, he could not see my fingerprint information. If you are in this situation, call IIO again and search using your A#s. IIO then put a note in my file with a reference to the I-140 A#.

If you need any more info on this, let me know.

Harahara

call the IIO again because when you get your 1-140 approve thats when you get 'A' # so it should be the same when you file I-485.

Good Luck