FP rescheduling

mchandak

Registered Users (C)
Received FP notice in mail yesterday.Schedule date is 3/30/2002.I stay in Westchester,New York.I am going to New Rochelle INS center for FP.. I have one question.My wife is in India and is coming back on 3/31/2002.. Is it okay we go on 1st April instead of 30th March.I heard it takes long time to get another FP date if I reschedule the FP.So without rescheduling,can I go on 1st April.
Appreciate all your help..

No Title

I had a similar experience. I was on vacation and I requested a FP reschedule more than a month back (1/25/02). I haven\'t got a new date yet. I don\'t think you can go before or after the scheduled date without getting a new notice from INS. Please let me know if you hear anything about how long it takes to get a rescheduled notice from INS. Thanks....

Please reply....MChandak....

MChandak....did you get any more information regarding your FP rescheduling....

To GC_Samir..

Hi,
  I am not going to reschedule my FP.. I am planning to go to my local FP office this week and ask them if I can come one week later that the original FP date.If the INS office agrees,than that would be great else I will have to call my wife 2 days earlier than my FP date.. From whatever I have read from this forum , poeple have advised me not to reschedule the FP else that would delay my 485 approval. I have seen many people going to the local INS office requesting the INS to either appear before or later than the FP date and the INS office have obliged to their request.. I hope they will do so for me also..

Thanks MChandak

Thanks MChandak....Hope everything goes well with the FP for you and your wife....Please do let us know how things turned out.....