FP rejection

clue

Registered Users (C)
Did anybody in this board get FP rejected? What are the possible reasons? If ridges are not clear on one finger, does the FP gets rejected?

Please help.

No Title

If your prints are not very clear, or you have cuts etc., then FP gets rejected. You will have to contact TSC and request them to send you another FP notice for FP-redo. FP rejection is not unusual. So, don\'t worry. Some people suggest using Nutragena hand lotion to improve the prints. I don\'t know if that helps but you can try. At the time of FP-redo, tell the technician that this is your second one as the first one got rejected because of bad prints, then S/he would take more care in taking the prints. Good Luck.

TSC-00

Thanks for your response. Suppose you have clear prints on 9 fingers, but one finger the ridges are not clear at all. Would this cause FP rejection? It\'s hard to believe 2 people could have matches on 9 fingers. Any idea what criteria is used for fingerprint matching??

DOn\'t worry

My wife\'s finger print was rejected on Novenmeber 2001, and she did again on Dec.

The local INS send her the Re-do Notice,

and I think this re-do thing will delay your process a little bit.

WaitPlastic - Question

Thanks for your response. I am worried because ridges (lines) are not at all clear in one of my fingers. Can you tell me whether the lines are clear on ALL of your wife\'s finger? and whether the fingerprints passed the second time?

Thanks.

Don\'t worry

You don\'t need worry a thing about your finger unless you just got cut recently, ask them to do it carefully, and if possible ask for a professional one to help you (normally in INS office, there is always a guy does better than others).

And you don\'t need to wait for the schedule day, when you got re-do notice, you can go there right away.

About my wife\'s finger print, I think maybe only one or two unable to clarify. But even this happened, you have to re-do.

WaitPlastic and other?

I think I didn\'t make myself clear. On one of my fingers there is skin infection so lines are not clear at all. So even if I redo that finger several times on the fingerprint scanner, the lines will not come clear. So, my question was are the lines clear on ALL of your wife\'s fingers?

Thanks.

Yes, the line is clear.

If the immigration officer let you do the finger print, that means they think your finger is ok. You can ask them, or I believe you can find some ways or medicine to make your finger ok.

No Title

They keep a FP record of all the fingers. You will be asked to re-do even if one of them is not clear. If it does not come clear after three trials, most likely your case will be transferred to local INS. This is what one of the IIO had told. Hope this helps.
Good Luck.