FP rejected due to poor quality...

lee

Registered Users (C)
I had my FP done on 3/9/91, in Gardena, CA. I called FBI yesterday, and the representitive told me it was rejected due to the poor quality.
Now, I\'d like to know when will I be informed again from INS?
Also, please note that you can go to FP as early as 1 month from the date you have in the letter (in Gardena only).

No Title

Too bad your fingerprints were rejected. It could take up to 6 months for another FP notice. If the second FP also gets rejected, you need to get a police clearance.

No Title

Lee:
Me and my wife are scheduled for FP\'s in a couple of weeks.

Any idea what they mean by "poor quality" of your FP?
Do you have any skin peeling from your fingers? Or do you have thin fingers? Did you press too hard on the reader?

Any advice ... please?

thanks.

No Title

Seems like it depends on the people in INS who gets your fingerprint to the Optical FP recorder. IF they screw in getting good quality images, then that\'s it. Funny that, they had a separate QA (quality assurance) person who visually check each single image. Chances are that they didn\'t do a good job anyway.
I\'ll have to wait until it is done... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr... too bad it happened :-(

No Title

Well, the index finger on my left hand has a minute skin problem. It\'s not in the center, but closer to the left side. Anyway, you take good care of your finger really well until it\'s done :)
Also, the way they take FP, they kind of press from one side and rotate your finger to get a 2D map-like image from your finger. So, when they rotate your finger, chances are that they don\'t do it smoothly and create non-consistat lines. (I think my case has both problems...) However, I don\'t think I pressed too hard.

No Title

ALso, please check whether you can go earlier than the appointment date. I\'d do that! (I mean, I\'d go to the FP site and ask whether you can do that earlier.) TOo bad I didn\'t do that... then, I\'d have my fingers in better shape...

No Title

My case is similar to yours

1st FL: 12/01/2000, rejected
2nd FL: 02/28/2001, rejected again. than INS

now what ??? waiting to hear from INS