FP rejected by the FBI

Immigration101

Registered Users (C)
I had gone to the San Francisco Application Support Center to have my fingerprints taken on 2/21/2001. The FBI were not able to process my fingerprints due to "poor quanlity".

What are my options now. Does anyone know how long INS takes to issue a second FP notice.

Thanks.

No Title

Get the courtesy copy of FP notice from your attonery and do it again. It works at least in San Jose ASC

No Title

Dashi\'s suggestion is worth trying. However, I should warn you that
San Francisco ASC seems very strict compared to San Jose ASC which
is known to be more lenient and accomodating. Good luck and please
keep us posted.

ciba

No Title

Also, is it possible to go to the local INS office and get a new appointment for the FP? Has anyone tried it for the San Francisco ASC.

Thanks in advance.

No Title

I don\'t think you can do that. One of my friends tried all your options but failed. You JUST got to wait!

No Title

hi, for people who have not doen FP yet, i think it is a good idea for you to make a copy of you FP notice when you receive it. then take the photo copy to ASC just in case you need to do it the 2nd time. i tried and they took my photo copy so i still have my original copy i can use if i have to redo FP.

No Title

Salinas ASC.one of my friends didn\'t get his FP notice but his lawyer received FP notice. he took the faxed copy to San Jose ASC, the officer at SJ ASC called his lawyer to comfirm it was faxed by the lawyer and took his FP. just tell them you got the notice from your lawyer and the original sent to you might have lost. no harm to try.