FP Received yesterday from attorney.
MY Details
PD Jun 99
EB2-Regular
RD-Sep 00
ND -Oct 00
FP - Jan 01 (Scheduled)

My questions:
1)How long it takes to get 485 approval.
2)As I got FP that means all papers are correct and I will not be getting
any RFE???
3)Any suggestions, and what forms to be filled at INS office?
Do I need ask them to give me copy.

Kiran

No Title

Getting FP notice and subsequently getting FP done does not necessarily mean anything. Your i-485 will be processed based on the date of your i-485 submission not on the date on which FP was done. For 10/99 - 03/00 cases, VSC did not send FP notices for applicants from China and India. However, applicants from both of these countries who filed after 03/00 have received their FP notices. But that does not mean that they will get approved before the other pending cases who haven\'t done their FP yet.

Try to follow the dates of recent approvals. Though it is extremely difficult to guess anything about INS, the approval rate over a few months may give you good pointers. Based on your RD/ND, I would say wait for at least a few months before you even start calling the iio.

Secondly, getting FP notice does not mean that you may not get an RFE when an officer starts to adjudicate your case.

No Title

I do agree that getting FP doesnt mean 485 will be processed soon. But with the way things have been going, I am not sure you can predict that 485\'s will be approved only based on your RD and ND - You are just speculating, just as I am in my next statement. I still think it is very possible that people with RD later than May or Jun \'00 may get their 485\'s approved before people with RD\'s Jan \'00 to APR \'00. So dont start speculating things and force your opinion... Please mention that are indeed guessing.

No Title

Kiran, could you post your complete ND please?
My ND is 11/22/00, Just to take a guess when I will expect my FP notice. Thanks.

No Title

When you do FP, please check carefully your A# is correct. Mine was wrong and I didn\'t notice that until I called II
a couple of months later and he told me they never received my FP. Finally I redo FP.

No Title

how you know that your A# is wrong, I did my Fp on 12/12/00, I called
FBI they told me that my FP came and went back to INS on the same day
but INS people told me that they did not receive so far(today). shall
I wait some more time ? or what please respond. when I called FBI
they veryfied my name with A# that is correct.

thanks

No Title

Jasonz
Please let me know.Do they give any forms to fill up.
I got my FP notice and I checked my A# with my receipt notice of i485 and both are correct.
Do they give any form to me to fill there, Can i get that form on web any where??
Do I need to take any photo\'s?

Kiran

No Title

If your PD is not current then INS is not going to touch your case no matter what is your RD\ND.

No Title

Kiran: take FP notice (original), any photo ID (Passport/D.Lisence)
that\'s it from your side, they give one form one page, you have to
fill details about add, a#, personal info. it take 10 to 15 min.

No Title

Sai96.
Some people are posting that they got FP with yellow form.
What is that form? I didn\'t get form.I just got FP Notice for me and my wife(My child is 6 years so he does need one) and no yellow form.
What is the yellow form??

Kiran

No Title

I did not receive any yellow form, bcos my Fp notice came to my lawer
he didnt send any yellow form except FP notice.

Kids under 14 years no need to take Fp at INS. for my kids I didnt
get any notice for them. in my FP notice INS crealy mentioned that
under 14 years no need to take FP.

thanks and good luck

No Title

Yellow form
Hello!

I didnot get yellow form along with finger print notification.
I got this notification directly from INS nebraska.
Is it something I need to worry?
what should I do now?
Can I get this form from Attorney?
Please let me know what to do now..

Thanx
Manohar