FP Questions - URGENT

irving_tech

Registered Users (C)
Hi Team -

I have received FP notice for August with a Code 3. Can you please assist with the following questions -

1. I have Code 3 on my FP notice. What is Code 3 and what is itz significance? Any advantages/ disadvantages?

2. Can I take an early FP appointment in Dallas, Texas? What is the procedure for this?

Thanks much for the help.

irving_tech said:
Hi Team -

I have received FP notice for August with a Code 3. Can you please assist with the following questions -

1. I have Code 3 on my FP notice. What is Code 3 and what is itz significance? Any advantages/ disadvantages?

2. Can I take an early FP appointment in Dallas, Texas? What is the procedure for this?

Answer 1) Code 3 means they will take finger prints of all ten fingers plus biometrics, i.e photo etc. By significance it doesn't have any. It is the norm now to receive code 3 for AOS application. Therefore this answers your next question which is it doesn't have any disadvantage or advantages
Answer2) Some people are able to take early FP( the percentage is extremely small)in some district offices. I don't have any idea about dallas. AS far as taking early FP this won't make your application being processed faster...since I guess the processing date for most cases is ATleast after the time by which you can schedule regular FP.
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
irving_tech said:
Hi Team -

Advantage for having code 3 is that when you get your I-485 approval, your plastic card will be processed automatically, and that means you don't have to go for passport stamping, it becomes optional.

Hi Apollo 13

Both me and my wife got our FP done in Mar 05 and had an LUD in April 05. You have said that if a Code 3 FP was done you will receive the card and there will be no necessity for a passport stamping. My question is do you know if there might be a second fp before the card arrives or should i just check the mail everyday. Also i have checked with FBI for fingerprints and they said they were processed in march 05 and sent back to USCIS they same day. I do not know if my case is stuck in the name check, FBI has not replied to my email yet.

here are my details

I485,EAD,Ap applied on Jan 14
RD for I485,EAD,AP Jan 21

FP code 3 done on Mar 3, 05
LUD April 22, 05

EB2, VSC

Currently VSC is processing Aug 12, 04 cases I know it is a bit early for me to be complaining on whats going on but i am just curious. any comments Gurus?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Do it as soon as. If you have luck you will get it as soon.
I will give example. My friend got FP notice on 06/13/2005 and FP shedule on 06/27/2005. But he went to 06/15/2005. His 485 was approved on 06/23/2005. He is EB3.

Try one attempt.

irving_tech said:
Hi Team -

VI485 said:
Hi Apollo 13

Both me and my wife got our FP done in Mar 05 and had an LUD in April 05. You have said that if a Code 3 FP was done you will receive the card and there will be no necessity for a passport stamping. My question is do you know if there might be a second fp before the card arrives or should i just check the mail everyday. Also i have checked with FBI for fingerprints and they said they were processed in march 05 and sent back to USCIS they same day. I do not know if my case is stuck in the name check, FBI has not replied to my email yet.

here are my details

I485,EAD,Ap applied on Jan 14
RD for I485,EAD,AP Jan 21

FP code 3 done on Mar 3, 05
LUD April 22, 05

EB2, VSC

Currently VSC is processing Aug 12, 04 cases I know it is a bit early for me to be complaining on whats going on but i am just curious. any comments Gurus?

Thanks for your help

Why would there be another FP? You will get another FP only if your first FP is expired. I think it takes 15 or 18 months. Since you have filed your I-485 few months back, you should not worry about this.

Your LUD on April 22nd could be due to name check process. Since it is too late for FP completion process. If you haven't sent an email to FBI regarding name check process status, send one. It may take 2-3 months to get a reply, sometimes even more. This is to ensure that name check process is completed.

Otherwise, there is nothing you can do now.

Since yours is EB2, you are not affected by retrogression, you should be getting your Approval in another 3-4 months.

FP notice

guys,
My 485 was filed in mar'05 (CSC) still I haven't received FP notices. Got AP & EAD. My I140 was also approved. Is there anyone in a similar situation like mine?

EB3Mar2001 said:
Do it as soon as. If you have luck you will get it as soon.
I will give example. My friend got FP notice on 06/13/2005 and FP shedule on 06/27/2005. But he went to 06/15/2005. His 485 was approved on 06/23/2005. He is EB3.

Try one attempt.

Yes, its better to go for early FP. As the other member said, if you are lucky, you may get your approval before your actual FP appointment date or atleast you will get your approval 2-3 weeks earlier.

Thanks Apollo
I will sit tight for now as there is no reason to get worried at this time as they are processing Aug 12, 2004 right now, Hopefully the LUD on apr 22 is the name check as you think it is. Thanks again for your help

VI485