FP question

cider_or

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
Today I recieved FP notification.
They gave me an appointment for August 15th to go and do my FP. does the approval letter comes after or before the FP notice? Also what's next after the FP is done?

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by cider_or
Hi everyone,
Today I recieved FP notification.
They gave me an appointment for August 15th to go and do my FP. does the approval letter comes after or before the FP notice? Also what's next after the FP is done?

Thanks a lot.
Well you will go that day to the local INS office close to you and get your fingerprints done. Make sure you have a valid photo id and the notice of the fingerprint. This process should not take more than 15 minutes. The next step for you is to wait until they send you an approval letter after finalizing your case. If you have applied after april 1st 1999, you will have to wait at least until October 1st. This is the time in which they start to issue the yearly 10000 visas specified for Asylees. The time between doing the fingerprints and getting the final approval letter ranges between 3 months ( as in my case) and 9 months. Also note that there is a possibility that they may actually send you more letters requesting further evidences. For example they may ask you to talk about your travel abroad while your application is pending. Please review different threads in this forum to get more information . good luck

Thansk a lot Shamshon,

Yeah I applied in October 1999, receip date is December 6th 1999. I never traveled abroad since I came to the US in 1994. so if everything goes well, I may get the approval letter by April 04 or may be sooner hopefully.

I-485

Hi Gurus can somebody comment on FP for a 11 Yrs old for I-485 applied on july 1999 receirt date ic October 26 1999.
Thanks in advance

Re: I-485

Originally posted by jattindc1
Hi Gurus can somebody comment on FP for a 11 Yrs old for I-485 applied on july 1999 receirt date ic October 26 1999.
Thanks in advance
His or her parent needs to accompany him or her and I think you will need to have a form of id for him such as his school id or his name added to your passport. Gilbert may have other insights. I have seen a child doing it when I did mine. What are they thinking? Are they too paranoid to think that an 11 year old has a background in terrorism. God help us.

Re: Re: I-485

Originally posted by shamshon
His or her parent needs to accompany him or her and I think you will need to have a form of id for him such as his school id or his name added to your passport. Gilbert may have other insights. I have seen a child doing it when I did mine. What are they thinking? Are they too paranoid to think that an 11 year old has a background in terrorism. God help us.

I think people under 14 do not have to be fingerprinted.

Why do you mean by how they process? Sorry that I am a bit confused. The child asylee sends in the application like everyone else, except that mom/dad may sign for the child.

Re: Re: Re: I-485

Originally posted by Gilbert
I think people under 14 do not have to be fingerprinted.
When I did my fingerprints, i was preceeded by a very young kid who came with his father. I think he was under 14 years of age. Did not they send a FP notice to your child Jattindc

Re: Re: Re: Re: I-485

Originally posted by shamshon
When I did my fingerprints, i was preceeded by a very young kid who came with his father. I think he was under 14 years of age. Did not they send a FP notice to your child Jattindc

from the official BCIS website

"The BCIS requires applicants and petitioners age 14 to 79 for certain immigration benefits to be fingerprinted for the purpose of conducting FBI criminal background checks."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I-485

Originally posted by Gilbert
from the official BCIS website

"The BCIS requires applicants and petitioners age 14 to 79 for certain immigration benefits to be fingerprinted for the purpose of conducting FBI criminal background checks."
That is good to know but the kid i saw was really young and he looked Middle Eastern. They may have exceptions for children from certain countries after the latest development. They may be thinking that there may be young suicide bombers or something :(

I applied I-485 in August, 1999 and the Receit Date is November, 1999. I didn't hear anything yet. Does anybody know what kind of order they send out the FP notice?

quick question:
when they send your FP notice, is your online status gonna tell u the letter is coming?

i am asking because if something wrong with the address, i can check online and know they have sent the letter to me
thx!!

Originally posted by sea_blue
I applied I-485 in August, 1999 and the Receit Date is November, 1999. I didn't hear anything yet. Does anybody know what kind of order they send out the FP notice?

It's a notice of action (Form I-797C). One page titled "Fingerprint Notification".

A person applied I-485 in December, 1999, just got it for August, 2003. So things are moving out there. \

Good luck,

:)

I don't think doing FP early will expedite the approval letter. I may be lucky and get it before september 2004.
Can someone shed some light on this.

granted 08/98
receipt sate 12/99
FP 08/03

Thanks