FP question

zapper43

Registered Users (C)
I got a FP notice for 11/13. It also says in it that I could come in any Wednesday until sometime in 2010 if I cannot make 11/13.

Did anyone else receive this kind of info on their FP notices?

Can I really not go for FPs on 11/13, and then show up on, say, 12/11 instead, and no problem?

I got a FP notice for 11/13. It also says in it that I could come in any Wednesday until sometime in 2010 if I cannot make 11/13.

Did anyone else receive this kind of info on their FP notices?

Can I really not go for FPs on 11/13, and then show up on, say, 12/11 instead, and no problem?

Yes and yes, this is a standard provision for FP notices.

Thanks.

Some previous (previous cases') FP notices didn't have this kind of provision. Those earlier ones had a box for me to check, with the specific alternative date, not a 3 month range. They also had a warning on them that rescheduling will cause delay in processing of the application for the benefit sought.

Thanks.

Some previous (previous cases') FP notices didn't have this kind of provision. Those earlier ones had a box for me to check, with the specific alternative date, not a 3 month range. They also had a warning on them that rescheduling will cause delay in processing of the application for the benefit sought.

Perhaps that was the case in the past but I believe that now a 3 month window is a standard provision for FP notices for naturalization cases. I had to do FP twice because my N-400 case took very long, and both of my FP notices had a 3-month window provision. Several of my colleagues at work went through the N-400 process recently and, as I remember, their FP notices had such a provision as well and at least one of them did his FP two weeks later than the original appointment time, with no problems. In any event, the FP notice you receive is an official USCIS document. If it tells you that you can come and do FP on any Wednesday within 3 months after the appointment date, you can rely on that information.