FP Question

My ND is 2/2000, EB3 India. I have not received my FP notice at all. When I went for local INS for my EAD renewal, I gave my finger print for my EAD Card.(Just Index finger). When I called INS twice, the IIO said, they have my FP results and my case will take 4-6 weeks.

I don\'t know how this process works. Can INS approve the applicatins like this(without actually sending FP Notice)? I heard that I have to give my finger prints when I go for PP Stamping even if I give my Finger Prints before that.

Please respond if you have any ideas.

Thanks

No Title

Finger printing done during pp stamping is quite different from the finger print done for I-485 approval. For pp stamping we will be doing just index finger as in EAD whereas for the I-485 all the 10 fingers will be done and FBI will do background check on that.

regarding ur question will INS approve your I-485 without FP, I have no idea.

Hope the above info is useful.

No Title

I haven\'t got my finger printing notice either. My nd is 3/14/2000. My PD will become current only on July 1st. Do you think its because of that?

No Title

I don\'t think so. I guess they don\'t check Priority dates recently to send FP Notice. The funny part in my case is, IIOs keep saying they have my FP results. It seems our lawyer should send a letter to INS asking for the status.

Let us hope for the best.

Good Luck to you.