FP Question

anonym

Registered Users (C)
If the FP notice is received, does it mean there should unlikely have RFE on I-485? Does anyone still get the RFE after the FP is done?

In addition, does I-485 online case status show the FP info such as the FP notice was sent, the results received etc?

FP has nothing to do with RFE

anonym,

The FP notice has nothing to do with an RFE. A lot of people have gotten RFEs after FP. Infact most people get RFEs only after they have completed FPs and their case is taken up by an officer.

Also very few people get any emails regarding FPs. FP notices just show up in your mail and once you complete them the LUD on one of your applications usually changes. This is also uncertain. Basically there is no method to the madness.

regards,

saras

If you receive notice of FP with code 1, is it advisable to ask CIS to do biometrics as well in case they may ask you to do it latter? FP is for FBI? What is the purpose of biometrics?

Explaination of codes

imwatcher123,

There are three types of codes on FP notices.

CODE 1 - FP only. The FP center will just take FP of 10 of your fingers.

CODE 2 - Biometrics Only - The FP center will take a digital picture, signature and FP your index finger. The Biometrics information is for the physical GC. This process used to be done after approval at the time of passport stamping but now the Service Centers are trying to get this done early so they can send out your GCs soon after approval and do not have to wait till the PP is stamped.

CODE 3 - FP + Biometrics - The FP center will take both.

Lately I have seen people get 2nd FP notices with either Code 2 or Code 3. infact my wife got a code 3 notice after she had already completed her code 1 FP in February. I am not sure if the FP center will take your Biometrics if your code is 1 but its worth a try. Might save you the hassle of going there again in case you get another FP notice with code 2 or 3.

Hope this answers your questions.

regards,

saras

How does one know if the FP notice is mailed or the results received etc? What is the LUD?

So, after the FP notice was mailed or the results received, the I-485 online case status will be updated and show those information about the FP?