FP on Friday 6/11/04

dharma3

Registered Users (C)
I have FP on 6/11/04....And because of the the Federal Govt. Offices closed on Friday...Do you think that they will do the FP's on that day...

Any Suggestions are welcome.....

Cheers

Have you called the Customer Service number listed on your FP notification to confirm?

If they are closed, you should ask if you can take it earlier/later - from other posts in this forum (I would search around in the forums), it looks like you can walk in and get your FP done even if you have missed your appointed FP date...

I called that number

As Usual, those people were clueless about this and said that "IF" they are closed they will reschdule this...which I would hate to do because this not only delay my process but will also complicate the case...U know what I mean :confused:

I am scheduledfor my FP on 06/09/04 (wednesday).
I notice letter i received, mentions that in case i can't keep this appointment i can show up at their office any wednesday ( a week later) at the same time
till 09/01/04 .

You may want to check yours and see if something similar is up there. Hope this helps.

Good Luck !

I am not re-scheduling....

Its the Govt which is closed...I m ready to go there. No...I dont have that option on my letter. If I re-schedule, the case will get delayed for sure....My question is, if the office is closed due to some reason, what happens in that case. Can I just show up the next business day or have to wait for their letter. I would like to be pro-active in this so that they don't label my case to be "ABANDONED"....which looks messy....

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you suggest me to do? Call the 800 number on thursday and see what happens or something else...

Thanks in Advance..

I had my FP done on Saturday in Chicago. I guess CSC is run by private contractors.

Closed on Friday 11,2004

The USCIS website says that and when I called them to reschedule my FP, the lady said that your local office will reschedule this automatically and you will recieve new FP date from them to within 30days.

Cheers

Is anybody going thru the same situation

I have called i the main CIS number and they tell that the local office will contact you. But the local office is not doing that and I dont have the number for the local office to call in.