FP Notices Quickly!!

Vasu Mahadasu

Registered Users (C)
I remember last year a few friends of mine who had applied with TSC got their 485 approved in record time while some others were still waiting for couple of years. Rumor mill had it that they were working on two groups. Each one working on each calender year. With recent record time FP notices this might happen here too. Knowing well that 485 would take 500 plus days, why would NSC send out notices?? I got mine after 10 months and so I know that even if it took 600 days, I would still be within one year with my finger prints.

No Title

I agree. Something must be brewing at NSC.

Logically, why would NSC issue FP notices so early if it didn\'t intend to approve 485\'s on a faster timeframe. It would create a lot of extra work for NSC to reissue FP notices a second time if expired -and as we all know INS does not like to do extra work!

Also, is it just a coincedence that this flurry of activity was preceded by the 180 day mandate?

No Title

When do fingerprints expire?

What time frame do u think the 485\'s would be approved if what u say is true? Six months?

No Title

FP\'s are valid for 15 months I think (not sure...somebody plesae verify?).

From what I\'ve seen on immitracker.com, NSC generally approves I-485\'s approx. within 6 months of FP.

No Title

I believe it\'s 6 months.

Even the notice says that if you had had FP in the past 6 months you wouldn\'t have to do it again

No Title

I also think the fingerprints are valid for 15 months. There is no way to gauge the time frame for 485 approval from FP notice. A few people at the FP dept. in NSC woke up from their slumber and found a way to send notices quickly. The 485 approval dept. is going to work at their slow pace only. If they find the FP\'s are expired when they get to the applcn., they will simply send another FP notice - no big deal for them. Probably they have a contract with the ASC\'s that they have to pay a certain amount of money every month regardless of how many FPs they do. So instead of the ASC\'s getting money without doing any work, the service centers just flood them with FPs and repeat FPs.

K.N. Swamy

No Title

Very good comments. Can some one else also please post your comments.

I also think that the FP are handled by some junior officers, which scare of losing job as a result of ineficiency. Whereas the old fat ladies like to sleep on pile of fps as cushion.

No Title

NSC will approve all recent applications within the 180 days
mandated by law. Of course, the 180 days will only apply to those applications filed after the law was signed and not to applications already in the pipeline.
FP requests appear to be moving along rather quickly, less than 3 months. I am positive that 485 approvals will happen within 3 months of FP being done.