FP Notice - Very Urgent Question, ATTN - CIBA and OTHERS

pachai

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I missed my Finger Printing a couple of months back (I Should have done it on 02/03/2001, since i was out of the country for a 4 week vacation, i missed it, it was rather unfortunate).

However, my attorney made a request for re-scheduling during the last week of Jan-2001. I was told that i would hear from INS with 30-60 days, but I was waiting very patiently to hear from them only to see nothing happened as of date.

I read somewhere in this forum that one could walk in to INS any time with the expired FP notice for the actual Finger Printing. I tried my luck after i came back from Vacation (that was on the first week of March-2001).

I spoke to the security guard (he in turn went inside and talked to the INS officer. I was waiting in the hall way for an answer, as was anticipated, he came back turned my request to process FP and asked me to reschedule to another date. I did it inadverdently without even thinking that my attorney made a request for it. He told me that i would hear from the INS Oakland office with in 90 days.

My questions are:

Am I going to have any conflict in requesting INS to re-schedule my FP since thru\' my request that happened on
the first week of march-2001 since my attorney already made a request to INS for the same in the last week
of Jan-2001.

Since the economy is slowing down quite a bit and lots and lots of people are getting laid off, Is it going to have
any impact on the whole process?. My company has already announced for a re-structuring - perhaps i won\'t
be affected this time and i will get to know the specifics in a couple of weeks from now. If not now, perhaps in
the near future i might be affected in the whole process let\'s say 3 months from today unless i get my
FP and Approval in time.

Incidentally i had completed my 180 day period on 04/02/2001 (180 days from my RD). If i get laid off
say some time before I get my FP / 485 approval, Will i have any problems.

Can i get take a print of Form G-731C to inquire about the status of FP notice directly to INS office.
If I do this, will there be a lot of confusion since my attorney had requested for RE-SCHEDULING and
I had requested for RE-SCHEDULING and since been waiting for an anwer.

Could some one please answer?.

I would really appreciate your response.

485 details

PD : 09/98
Category: EB2/RIR
RD : 10/2000
AP and EAD received in 01/20/2001
FP Notice received on 01/2001 (the actual date for FP was for 02/03/01, but had to miss it since i was
out of the country).

Thanks in advance

Pachai(TK)

No Title

form g731-c can be use only for inquiry of I-551 STATUS thats after ur application gets approved and u get ur stamp and all

No Title

Pachai,

I doubt multiple requests for finger print notice will affect your
case. Many people have received two or even three FP notices. The
most important thing is to get the process done quickly so your
case can be adjudicated when an examiner gets to your case.

Once your RD has passed 180 days, you can change job in a similar
category. It does not matter at that time whether or not you have
done finger prints.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

ciba

No Title

Hi Jose,
You can do general inquiry using g-731c. Use the page 1 of the form.
I used this form successfully for my FP notice.
Aniruddha

No Title

Ciba wrote:
> Once your RD has passed 180 days, you can change
> job in a similar category. It does not matter at
> that time whether or not you have done finger prints.

Ciba,

Is it 180 days from RD or ND. Please clarify.

TIA,
Apka Mitr

No Title

Regulations regarding 180 day have not been published yet.
Many immigration lawyers seem to think 180 day counts
from the receipt date.

ciba

No Title

Hi Pachai,

Do you have to do the FP on the same day( the actual scheduled date).

I thought that they give like two months of time from the actual scheduled date.

Please correct me i am wrong.

No Title

Hi Aniruddha

Thanks a lot for your response.

Can you be more specific about the details. I did take a print out of form g-731c. Can you tell me more about it.

I would like to fill it up today and fax / send it by mail today.

Which one should i Select in the "TYPE OF INQUIRY" as i don\'t see any check box for Finger Printing Request.

Is there any difference between App/pet name and Beneficiary name.
How do i include my wife\'s name in this form to make a request to INS
for both of us.

Service response column:

Is it for INS to fill it up or for me to write something?.

If you don\'t mind explaning all the details to me, I would really really appreciate your response.

I have been and still am desperately waiting for this FP notice.

Thanks in advance

Pachai (TK)

No Title

Hi NTR,

No, I think I have to do the FP on the same day (Scheduled date).

Atleast that\'s what they told me in INS Oakland office (It sucks man).

Pachai