FP notice received: RD/ND 02/00

buba kikabidze

Registered Users (C)
Just got the FP notice for my wife\'s I-485, RD/ND 02/00, Pittsburgh. I already have my GC, but my wife\'s derivative case was filed about a year after my own case had been filed (we got married after I filed my I-485).

No Title

Hi

What\'s the procedure (or where can I find it) for filing 485 for a dependent after the primary 484 has been filed?

Thanks

Greg

No Title

I\'d recommend you to contact an attorney in this type of situation. In my case, I filed my own I-485 in 03/99. I got married in 10/99 and had my wife enter the US on H4 (my H1B was valid at the time). In 02/00, my attorney filed a DERIVATIVE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS application. As far as I know, it was the same type of application as would be submitted for a spouse had we applied together at the same time, as most of the married people do. The only thing that was different, in my opinion, was that on the accompanying letter to the application, it said "FOLLOWS-TO-JOIN" in large letters...

Anyways, I have my approval already, but my wife\'s case has it\'s own timeline, of which this FP notice is the most recent development...

Once again, I\'d suggest to get lawyer\'s help on this...

No Title

HI greg, I wonder if you would share the imformation you have on the I485 issue. I am in the same situation as you. My fiance and I want to get married. I am i485 pending. We are trying to find some information on how this should be do. I\'d appreciate your sharing the information with us. thank you very much

Phil