FP notice Lost !! Please Advise

princeofpersia

Registered Users (C)
Hi ..

My finger printing is due on Mrach 20th 2001. It is scheduled at Newark NJ.
But my attorney seems to have lost my notice. He says he trying hard to locate it.
He says that in case,it has been lost, he will issue a letter from his office to the local INS stating that his office has misplaced my notice.
He is very confident that the local INS will consider my case after reading his letter.
He said that the INS will have a copy of my appointment date in their system. So all i need to carry is my EAD card since it has my A number and the bar code .

Please advise .... What should i do , since i have only two weeks left ...

Thanxs

No Title

This procedure is likely to work, as you don\'t EXACTLY need the actual FP notice for finger-printing. But in case it does not work, you can always call the INS and they will send you a duplicate notice even though it may take a few weeks for you to actually get it....

No Title

How do you know your FP date? Did your lawyer tell you or you got that info from IIO? Please respond...I am still waiting for my FP. My ND is 12/17/99 and IIO\'s dont tell me whether it has been sent or not? same with my lawyer :-(

No Title

My lawyer told me that the date was March 20th 2001.
He received the notice and claims that he mailed me the original notice. If i were to beleive him, it seems that the mail got lost.

No Title

Princeofpersia & others,

My original notice got lost in the mail. Is it fine to go with a photocopy of FP notice ?

No Title

El Roy -
My wife got her FP done at Newark ASC by a fax copy from the INS .
Our lawyer had lost our FP notices in the mail. You are atleast lucky in the sense that you have a copy with you.
My stupid lawyer didn\'t even make copy before losing it .
We explained the problem to the security outside and seeing the fax copy he let us do our FP. Besides our scheduled time was 11:00 AM ,but we went in at 3:00 PM on the same day (we were waiting for a fax copy from the INS).
If you are going to Newark , you should not have any problem.