FP notice after case has been approved?

hurry485

Registered Users (C)
My case has been approved on June and I\'ve done my passport PP last month. However, I just received a FP notice scheduled for November of this year. Of course, the notice said that I can disregard it if my application has been approved so I don\'t worry about it. It just makes me wonder how can this happen? I guess the automatic FP notice system has not been updated with the main system, that may explain why some people get 2nd or 3rd FP notices. What do you think?

No Title

My case was also approved in June and had the passport stamped last week. I also got the second FP notice for me and my wife for August 18th. I think your theory might be correct.

No Title

I checked with my attorney and he said that we can disregard it because the case has been approved (the notice even said so). He told me that it also happened to some of his other clients who already got approval. No need for concern.

No Title

Well folks, Some update - The notice would read - Please Diregard in case of :
1. U have had a FP in the last 90 days
2. U case has been Granted and
3. Ur age is 70 or so.

THe 2nd point is valid till u get ur plastic card and so in case u have a FP notice I would suggest that u go ahead and get that done as INS still needs to process the case, and that is till u get ur PLASTIC CARD. In case u have any questions call the 1-800 number given at the bottom of the FP notice.

No Title

2nd point is valid when your case is approved, not when you receive your plastic card. (INS will not approve your case if they don\'t have FBI fingerprint clearance). Fingerprint shown on the plastic card is the one you take when you get your passport stamped in INS office.

No Title

Trust me my friend, I have checked with INS and lawyer too. It is in fact needed till ur Plastic Card. I agree that u see only one index FP on ur card, but INS needs ur FBI FPs which gets done earlier till this CARD is processed and that is the reason u still use the same WAC number and not a new one. Hope this clarifies ur stand.

Well think about it, whether to do ur FP once more or else staying with out doing the FP and not knowing what these folks at INS have in mind. Like I said call the 1-800 number which is listed in ur FP and check with them.

No Title

Thanks for your info Oasis. are you in the similar situation? when was your Approval date?

No Title

Yes my case was approved way back in Apr and I have my PP stamped too. But I just now talked to IIO and he said not to worry about it. He said they just received my form for the Plastic card over the week end and they will be sending it to the Card processing center some time this week.
He told me not to worry about the FP, but asked me to go to the ASC with the notice and tell them that the case has been approved etc. and check what they say. He basically was telling they would not do it again as the case has been approved.

My attorney told me though to go ahead and get that done. Hmm. I am not sure who is correct and not.