FP Notice 04/23/02

kola

Hi
   I just applied my I-485. My reciept date is 03/11/02. I can\'t belive
   i got my fp notice already!! I didn\'t get my EAD or AP. I was assuming
   that it would take around 1 yr and planned my marriage accordingly.

Is this common? is it fast now? How long before i get my approval after
   i get my fp done? some said its 2 months. I am confused now and need
   some insight as to the timeframe it takes from now. Any help is
   appreicated.

No Title

There is no time frame of approval after FP. If you notice this board, you will find cases, which required to do FP twice, meaning even after 15 months (the validity of FP) the cases were not approved, and thus a second FP was required. In someother cases, few months after FP, cases have been approved. So, it is random, luck or whatever you may say. Few people from \'99 have not got approval yet even after 2 FPs and people from late 2001 have got approval.

Early FP notice is a TSC computer problem, in fact, a software bug.

If you have RD in 2000 or early 2001, an FP is a big deal. For 2002 I-485 filers, FP date is meaningless unless someone with 2002 RD gets any approval. My RD 1/8/2002, FP 3/8/2002, waiting for EAD.

Why is it useless

eb1tsc,

why do you think it is useless? After FP, is not the approval an automatic process...

Kamalhasan

2002 RD got approvals

Hi
   I saw someone with 2002 RD got their 485 approved. Anyone can
   confirm please ??

No Title

Actually there was a 11/2001 person who had his FP done in 02/2002 and got his petition approved by 03/2002! You never know!! On the other hand, one might get stuck with a 2nd FP too. It\'s all random with TSC.

So, as someone said, make your parents happy :)

But I wonder what would happen if you neglect this FP notice. Will INS consider it as abandonment of petition? Or will they take another 6 months to schedule a fresh one?