FP Missed - Is it mandatory to reschedule it?

tominavhech

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I did my FP today but since my wife is in India, she wd miss the FP appointment which is scheduled for tomm 11/20.
My lawyer(who is inexperienced) says that you do not need to reschedule the appointment.
Any thoughts OR similar experiences?
Thanks
:confused:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I-140 (CSC) - ND - Feb-02-2004 (EB3 Labor subst.)
I-485 (VSC) - ND - Mar-18-2004 (LUD Nov-19-2004 - because of address change on Oct-28-04?)
(LUD also changed for EAD, AP on Nov-19-2004 - because of address change on Oct-28-04?)
FP - Nov-19-2004

Hi,
If you read FP notice, it says, you must take the finger printing on schedule date or you need to request for reschedule. Otherwise the application will be considered void. I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Krishna

Thanks Krishna,
My Lawyer gave an emphatic NO as answer when I asked her if I should reschedule. Unfortunately, she is not one of those who explains things and changing the lawyer for any reason is not an option with me.
What you are saying is right, even I had read that. But as a first hand experience, the center I had gone for finger printing (Nashville) clearly told me that you can either come on the scheduled date OR LATER.
Hence want to know if people in forum have some experiences to share. Would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
I-140 (CSC) - ND - Feb-02-2004 (EB3 Labor subst.)
I-485 (VSC) - ND - Mar-18-2004 (LUD Nov-19-2004 - because of address change on Oct-28-04?)
(LUD also changed for EAD, AP on Nov-19-2004 - because of address change on Oct-28-04?)
FP - Nov-19-2004

unitednations -your suggestion

Hi Unitednations,

1) Suppose you miss(or couldn't go) your FP notice and you go to ASC later for printing , is there any time limit within which you would have to go for fingerprinting or risk getting I-485 denied?
2) Also when you go for FP do you need to carry any letter about why you missed the scheduled FP when you go to the ASC.
3) DO you need to go the same day your FP was scheduled or any other day is fine, since you have missed it anyway.
4) In some posts I saw it was 11 weeks and somewhere it was around 3 months.

Any idea anybody?

Thanks

tominavhch

If your wife missed FP on scheduled day, she can appear for FP within next 3 months at same location & the DAY specified on FP notice. Read your wifes FP notice carefully & you will get a clue on which day you can go for her FP...of course you have to go within next 3 months & if you cant then you have to re-shedule....also, ask your lawyer about regarding re-scheduling FP..I think you have to file FP again with $50...check with your lawyer..

Has anyone gone for late FP for CSC after missing the scheduled date

Are there anyone who has gone for delayed FP after missing the scheduled date for California.
If so what was the response from the Sevice centers.Any problems?

Thanks

unitednations said:
It depends on the fingerprint location.

My fingerprint notice gave me close to 90 days. It gave me the date of March 30th but said I can go on any Wednesday (columbus, ohio only fingerprints on wednesday's) after that date but before sometime in June.

I went on April 7th and my wife went at the end of May (her notice was also for March 30).

Some application support centers only allow one day and you have to re-schedule. You have to follow the instructions on the fingerprint notice.

Thanks Unitednations,

Actually my FP notice does not talk about any period as such but only a specific date and day(wednesday) for which you have to go. However, I missed that date but I know that my ASC is open for all 5 days.

I was thinking of going on a Tuesday/ Wednesday.I was wondering whether you need to go on that specific DAY since you missed it and want to go on any open day to get it done

Thanks

unitednations said:
No other way to find out but trying. I'd think any day would be fine.

Thanks Unitednations.
I wiil do that.
But do they ask a lot of questions as to why you missed and all that..

If you can, go to the place you had yours done and specifically ask one of the fingerprinters.