FP long waiters, please post here if ND < = Jan. 31

Somebody said people can go to Local INS office to get FP? is this real?

Here is the link:

prakashkr "Fax inquiry finally pays off. New question" 4/5/02 2:48am

Just spoke to an IIO

She couldn\'t speak English too well, but this is what I could capture. She asked for the case #, looked it up in the computer, and said "Something has been ordered, and that they haven\'t received the results back yet" I asked her "what results? i haven\'t even got the notice yet". She kept on harping the same tune that \'it\' has been ordered and usually it takes few days to get the notice.

Can anyone make sense of this? Thanks.

_this

I got the same answer when I talk to an IIO. My understanding is

our FP notices are ordered by CSC from central FP distribution server. But so far CSC has not heard it back yet.

In another word, keep waiting.

Please correct me if I\'m wrong.

We are on the same boat. I still want to know if that\'s true that we can go to local INS to get FP

I went to local INS at San Diego.

after 1 hour waiting in the line, I walked to the ticketing window. After explaining my situation, the lady inside says Local INS (at least San Diego) does not issue FP notices for Employee based AOS. I tried to explain other JAN filers got FP noticed months back and some of my friends got FP notices at San Diego. But she insisted I have to call CSC for this case, as instructed in the 485 receipt. Local INS deals with Family based AOS cases.

I have to leave the window while she\'s already called the next people in the line. Met another INS officer in the carridor who\'s taking a break. Tried to explain the situation to him, but no good.

Don\'t know what more to do, except calling my lawyer now.

Could not get FP notice from Local INS @ San Diego. My lawyer sent the second inquiry to CSC yesterd

Fax to CSC - format and number please?

bbchen, others:

What\'s the fax number for FP notice inquiry? Also, what should the inquiry letter say? Is there some standard format for it?

Thanks in advance,
_this